Help: NetGroupGetUsers() for group on another domain

Help: NetGroupGetUsers() for group on another domain

Post by Jim Tonr » Fri, 30 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I'm trying to enumerate the list of users in a global group on a domain
other then the one which I'm logged into.  The call is executing on the
domain controller for domain A and is trying to get the list from a
group on domain B.  There is a one way trust between domains A and B:
domain A trusts domain B.  When I make the call I'm getting an error
code of 203 which according to winerror.h is ERROR_ENVVAR_NOT_FOUND.

So the questions are:

Why the hell am I getting ERROR_ENVVAR_NOT_FOUND for this call?

Is there some other way to get the info I need?  I assume there must be
since user manager can do it.

Any ideas appreciated.

Jim

Instinctive Technology

Help: NetGroupGetUsers() for group on another domain

Post by Felix Kasza [MV » Sat, 31 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Jim,

 > Why the hell am I getting ERROR_ENVVAR_NOT_FOUND for this call?

Because the call must execute on a DC for domain B. I should have
thought this was obvious, as a trust only means that the trusting DC
will accept as gospel authentications performed by a trusted DC.

--

Cheers,

Felix.

If you post a reply, kindly refrain from emailing it, too.

No anti-spam address here. Just one comment: IN YOUR FACE!

1. How do you add an NT DOMAIN user or group to a LOCAL machine group?

[ngs trimmed, follow-up set to here, cc to poster]

Richard,

 > So far, I've mangaged to get "NetLocalGroupAdd" to add a group,
 > but it just comes up as "Account Unknown".

You make no mention of calling NetLocalGroupAddMembers(), which is the
function you should use to add users or domain groups to a local
group. Intentionally?

Cheers,
Felix.

--
If you post a reply, kindly refrain from emailing it, too.

2. How to get Stored Procedure output on VB.net...

3. Adding domain groups to local workstation groups

4. Please help me setup a wd8003e Net card.

5. HELP: Listing Domains and Computers In domains

6. Mulitple User Settings

7. Need a localized way to obtain "Domain Admins" group..

8. Current LRDRIVER.C source? (X-3 v. X-10)

9. Hidden global groups inside Domain Users

10. How can I get user's domain groups from the cached account information?

11. Any body how to get List of Users & Groups on NT Domain

12. List of domain global groups?

13. IADsUser.Groups returns nothing when calling it in a normal user context (not domain admin)