WinSock Listen and suspend machine

Post by Bob Sterlin » Wed, 08 Jul 1998 04:00:00

when my machine suspends, my sockets stop listening and an assertion occurs
when ending my application because of an invalid socket.  This is Using MFC
CSocket (any recommendations on a commercial socket package for cheap).

Do I have to tie into the energy manager to know when a suspension is going
to happen and close and then reopen my sockets?

Thanks,
bob

1. Waking up a Win95 machine from suspend mode

Does anyone know how to programmatically wake up a machine that is in suspend
mode?  I think I can see how to do it in NT4 using waitable timers.  However, 95
doesn't support waitable timers.

Is there any way to do this?

TIA

-------------- http://www.xmission.com/~tlacy --------------
Terry Lacy                      Even the Immortal Brahma
                             Shaves before he hugs his mama

2. 735/125 video

3. Two machines listening the same IP address

4. Modified Launchpad

5. Help:Listening for ICMP messages using WinSock

6. Moving CALs

7. How Listening to all winsock communication like a firewall?

8. dial-backup

9. Winsock do not free port after close listen-socket

10. listen() with winsock.dll

11. How Listening to all winsock communication like a firewall?

12. winsock listen

13. Winsock DATAGRAM broadcasting on single machine