Please recommend me some good books for winsock programming

Please recommend me some good books for winsock programming

Post by Bae Hyun-ji » Sat, 15 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Although I have worked with network programming, I don't think I am not so
good in winsock programming, because I have not studied it in stuble manner.
Now I am searching for good resources for winsock programming from the
scratch.. Please reply me any good books for winsock programming(from basics
to complete specs).

Bae, Hyun-jik

Please recommend me some good books for winsock programming

Post by Bob Cowa » Sat, 15 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I'm getting scratch info from...Internetworking with TCP/IP Vol III
Client-Server Programming and Apps...Windows Sockets Version by
Douglas E. Comer and David L. Stevens

>Although I have worked with network programming, I don't think I am not so
>good in winsock programming, because I have not studied it in stuble manner.
>Now I am searching for good resources for winsock programming from the
>scratch.. Please reply me any good books for winsock programming(from basics
>to complete specs).

>Bae, Hyun-jik

Please recommend me some good books for winsock programming

Post by K Goldm » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Also - UNIX Network Programming by Richard Stevens.  Despite the name,
the fundamentals are applicable to all socket programming.

Microsoft threw in a few proprietary twists from standard sockets, so
you have to read their documentation for the specific calls.

--

1. Please recommend a good Win Net Programming book

I'm tired of waiting 30 seconds for Netscape to launch, and I want to
write a stripped-down, quick, web browser for myself.  I looked at
several windows and winsock programming books, and they all seemed to
show how to do ping and finger, but not how to retrieve html pages.
Is this super-hard, or am I just not looking at the right books?  Can
someone recommend a good windows (preferably in C) book that shows how
to write a simple browser?

Thanks,
Dave

2. Next Los Angeles Palm User Group Meeting - Dec 18th

3. Recommend MSVC++4.2 Winsock book please

4. Help with Tacacs

5. Recommend a good Windows Programming Book?

6. X-window under os/2 tcp/ip

7. Can anybody recommend a good book about object orientated programming in c++

8. Recommend a book on winsock programming ?

9. Please recommend a book on portable sockets programming using C.

10. Please recommend books for VC++/VB programming.

11. Please recommend excellent programming books for Windows 3.1, WindowsNT and Windows95