How to retain a screen saver in the screen saver list?

How to retain a screen saver in the screen saver list?

Post by yb.. » Sat, 27 Jan 2001 08:52:36

Hi,

I ran into problem when I try to 'retain' my screen saver in the screen
saver list, here is what happened:
1) I installed my screen saver from my project dir(i.e. the .scr is not
in ...\system32 dir), after installation, it's  ruannable - when I
select it, it operated normally like other existing screen savers
2) If I killed the process (myscr.scr) from the task manager, with
the 'control panel->display->screen saver' window open and my screen
saver selected, then I reopened the  'control panel->display->screen
saver' window, my screen saver was not in the list!
3) That didn't happen to other existing screen saver list - they still
existed even I killed their process like I did to mine in 2). So mine
didn't work normally, or I couldn't retain it.

How can I 'retain' it in the list without moving the .scr file
into ...\system32 dir(it needs components from our project)?

Thanks,
Peter

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

1. Screen saver listing in control panel?

After you program a screen saver, how do you get it to be listed under
the DESKTOP in the CONTROL PANEL?  Even after the new saver is named
in the same format as other savers, it does not appear in the list.

I am posting this for him.

Thanks...Win

2. Want To Buy

3. Showing window stops screen-saver in 95 but not 98?

4. Configuing OE for hotmail reading

5. Screen saver question.

6. FS: FileMaker Pro Server

7. How do I replace the "Change Password" in the screen saver

8. 8051 Questions

9. Catching mouse & keyb events in screen saver (NT4)

10. How can I detect if the screen saver is running?

11. Can I ping screen saver from app?

12. Help with screen saver program

13. Setting screen saver