Border around desktop

Post by Bernd Oliver Christianse » Mon, 25 May 1998 04:00:00

I'd like to draw a border around my desktop that is always on top.  I have
created a window for each side with WS_EX_TOPMOST | WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW, but my
border is covered by the taskbar when pressing Start.  How can I put my
window on top of the taskbar?  I tried WS_EX_TRANSPARENT, but it didn't
work.  Any thoughts (other than that a fake taskbar might be considered a
security problem)?

TIA,

-Bernd

Border around desktop

Post by Rattus Ratt » Fri, 05 Jun 1998 04:00:00

On Sun, 24 May 1998 16:56:56 -0700, "Bernd Oliver Christiansen"

>I'd like to draw a border around my desktop that is always on top.  I have
>created a window for each side with WS_EX_TOPMOST | WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW, but my
>border is covered by the taskbar when pressing Start.  How can I put my
>window on top of the taskbar?  I tried WS_EX_TRANSPARENT, but it didn't
>work.  Any thoughts (other than that a fake taskbar might be considered a
>security problem)?

>TIA,

>-Bernd

You might need to define your window with a region that excludes the
center of the window