Q: How to put toolbar within MDIFrame ?

Post by Nicolas Meno » Fri, 18 Mar 1994 08:55:32

Hello,

I've just retrieved a MDIApp template and a dynamic toolbar lybrary (msdntb.dll)
from the microsoft ftp site. It is quite good for my application but I
do not cope with the toolbar !

Indeed, in the MDIapp template I initialized my toolbar with the MDIFrame
but since it also creates a MDIClient window within it, my toolbar is thus
inactivated ! it is visible, enabled but when I click on it, the buttons
don't push down and stay up and I do not catch any WM-COMMAND message in
my MDIFrame procedure.

Does anybody know how to get rid of this problem ?

bybye
and thanks a lot...

Post by Chris Marrio » Sun, 20 Mar 1994 03:39:15

>Hello,

>I've just retrieved a MDIApp template and a dynamic toolbar lybrary
> (msdntb.dll)
>from the microsoft ftp site. It is quite good for my application but I
>do not cope with the toolbar !

>Indeed, in the MDIapp template I initialized my toolbar with the MDIFrame
>but since it also creates a MDIClient window within it, my toolbar is thus
>inactivated ! it is visible, enabled but when I click on it, the buttons
>don't push down and stay up and I do not catch any WM-COMMAND message in
>my MDIFrame procedure.

>Does anybody know how to get rid of this problem ?

Windows, by default, sizes the MDI Client window to completely fill the
MDI Frame window. What you need to do is disable this default behaviour
and resize the Client yourself, leaving space for the toolbar at the top,
whenever the Frame changes size. ie, process the "WM_SIZE" message for the
Frame window.

Chris
| Chris Marriott, Warrington, UK      | Author of SkyMap v2 shareware    |

| CompuServe: 100113,1140             | Mail me for details!             |
|      Author member of Association of Shareware Professionals (ASP)     |
|       Windows, C/C++ consultancy undertaken, anywhere in the world.    |

1. How do you put a tiled bitmap on MDIFRAME background?

I'm stuck.  I've tried about everything I could think of, but are still
unable to put a tiled bitmap in the MDIFRAME client area.  Does anyone
have a code fragmet that demonstrated how this should be done?  Either
using MFC, or using SDK calls only.

Thanks in advance,
--

Norway                 |                     |

2. IDL 5.0 PLOT or DEVICE bug: hidden graphics buffering?

3. How to put buttons on the right side of toolbar

4. AH1520 BIOS file request

5. still can't put my toolbar to work....

6. DOS-Errorlevels

7. how do I put an icon into the destop toolbar?

8. Help! Computer newbie w/ URGENT cd-rom problem

9. How put favorites programm in toolbar ?

10. ANN: Get 1000s of icons, toolbar symbols, animations, ... within minutes!

11. Put the call in the Hold and put it to unHold

12. HELP! : Changing menu of MDIFrame under OWL

13. SendMessage from MDIFrame to MDIChild in OWL?