How can I build a simple listener to react on incoming calls ?

How can I build a simple listener to react on incoming calls ?

Post by Markus Sandne » Thu, 29 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
how can I build a simple listener to react on incoming calls ?
Using CAPI I can put a LISTEN_REQ, how does it go using TAPI instead ?
At this point I just have the sample code from the MSDN named
CTapiConnection,
but the callback function is never reached when I call my computer, it
only works making an active call.
In CAPI I've to poll the CAPI queue for new messages, how does it go
using TAPI ?
Questions over questions, I hope someone can help me with these basic
problems ;-)
Many thanks,
Markus

How can I build a simple listener to react on incoming calls ?

Post by Grant Schenc » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Similar I guess.  In TAPI you open a line (lineOpen) and specifiy that you
want to monitor and or own calls that present on the line.  Then you sit
back and wait for TAPI to tell you a new call has arrived with a
LINE_APPNEWCALL message.

In your case, are you using Unimodem as your Service Provider?  If so and
you are only opening the line in Monitor mode then that is your problem.  A
"feature" of Unimodem is that it will NOT open the underlying COM port
unless at least one owner app is running.
--
Grant Schenck
Grant Schenck Software

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/schenck/

Quote:> Hi,
> how can I build a simple listener to react on incoming calls ?
> Using CAPI I can put a LISTEN_REQ, how does it go using TAPI instead ?
> At this point I just have the sample code from the MSDN named
> CTapiConnection,
> but the callback function is never reached when I call my computer, it
> only works making an active call.
> In CAPI I've to poll the CAPI queue for new messages, how does it go
> using TAPI ?
> Questions over questions, I hope someone can help me with these basic
> problems ;-)
> Many thanks,
> Markus

1. Tesion / Bosch Integral: problem detecting incoming calls; detect incoming calls???

Hi all!

I wrote an application to dial and show numbers of incoming calls with the
option to answer the call. The application works fine so far except getting
messages about incoming calls from those telephone (I only get messages of
self-dialed calls): Bosch Integral (TAPI 2.1, as far as I know; don't know
the exact telephone-type at the moment). Tests with different elmeg phones
(TAPI 2.0, 2.2) and an AVM Fritz!Card (TAPI 2.1) were successful.
I open the line with these options:
  Privileges=
      LINECALLPRIVILEGE_OWNER+
      LINECALLPRIVILEGE_MONITOR;
  MediaModes=[all Modes, the phone supports];
  Result=lineOpen(LineApp, TapiDevice->DeviceNo, &LineId,
TapiDevice->TapiVer, 0, 0,
      Privileges, MediaModes, NULL);

Does anyone know that problem / solutions?
Please answer to my private email, too (I can't read news often).

Thanks for any help,
Jochen

2. 2 webs, 1 domain

3. The simple way to build a simple chat app????

4. Half-Life mod needs some help

5. incoming call is a Data call ??

6. Fuse software

7. call analysis of incoming call for Dialogic VFX/PCI board

8. Shared Borders

9. No Callbacks after second incoming call/call

10. How to detect whether incoming call is a fax, data or a voice call?

11. unimodem fails when incoming call occurs during outgoing call ?

12. How to obtain new call handles for incoming calls ?

13. detecting incoming call after outgoing call