Can anyone recommed some good books on programming c/c++ and Winsock 32-bit

Can anyone recommed some good books on programming c/c++ and Winsock 32-bit

Post by Al Marghei » Fri, 20 Jun 1997 04:00:00

: Can anyone recommend some good books on  winsock  32-bit programming in C
or C++
:
: If you can come up with an ISBN Number that'll be great.
: Carsten

This question is asked and answered frequently on alt.winsock.programming.
If you aren't already reading that group, you might want to check it out.

In the specific area of programming Winsock on Win32 I (and other
programmer) recommend:
"Win32 Network Programming" by Ralph Davis.  ISBN:  0-201-48930-9.

The book contains a great deal of information on those aspects of Win32
system programming that are relevent to writing high-performance
applications.  It covers native winsock and programming with MFC's sockets
classes.

Good luck,
Al Margheim

Post by David Pete » Fri, 20 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> Hi All

> Can anyone recommend some good books on  winsock  32-bit programming in C or C++

Win32 Network Programming by Ralph Davies.
--
David Peter               | We convoke the Nephilim,
Insignia Solutions plc    | and they come to us,

Voice: +44 (0)1494 453351 | http://www.insignia.com

Post by Tom Or » Wed, 25 Jun 1997 04:00:00

>: Can anyone recommend some good books on  winsock  32-bit programming in C
>or C++
>:
>: If you can come up with an ISBN Number that'll be great.
>: Carsten
>This question is asked and answered frequently on alt.winsock.programming.
>If you aren't already reading that group, you might want to check it out.

>In the specific area of programming Winsock on Win32 I (and other
>programmer) recommend:
>"Win32 Network Programming" by Ralph Davis.  ISBN:  0-201-48930-9.
>The book contains a great deal of information on those aspects of Win32
>system programming that are relevent to writing high-performance
>applications.  It covers native winsock and programming with MFC's sockets
>classes.
>Good luck,
>Al Margheim

 I couldnt help but but in.... That book seems to be MFC centric. I
looked it up on Amazon and it is for programming winsock with MFC. Can
you tell me how much use it would be to a non-MFC user.

 Thanks,
 -Tom-

Can anyone recommed some good books on programming c/c++ and Winsock 32-bit

Post by Al Marghei » Thu, 26 Jun 1997 04:00:00

In regards to Ralph Davis book "Win32 Network Programming" :

I'm not using MFC and I found the book very helpful.  I thought the author
did a good job of organizing the information such that the MFC content
didn't obscure the non-MFC content.

Al Margheim

:
:  I couldnt help but but in.... That book seems to be MFC centric. I
: looked it up on Amazon and it is for programming winsock with MFC. Can
: you tell me how much use it would be to a non-MFC user.
:
:  Thanks,
:  -Tom-
:
:
:

Can anyone recommed some good books on programming c/c++ and Winsock 32-bit

Post by Tamir Melame » Thu, 03 Jul 1997 04:00:00

We are using Networking Windows NT 4.0 by John D. Ruley
ISBN - 0-471-17502-1

> In regards to Ralph Davis book "Win32 Network Programming" :

> I'm not using MFC and I found the book very helpful.  I thought the author
> did a good job of organizing the information such that the MFC content
> didn't obscure the non-MFC content.

> Al Margheim

> :
> :  I couldnt help but but in.... That book seems to be MFC centric. I
> : looked it up on Amazon and it is for programming winsock with MFC. Can
> : you tell me how much use it would be to a non-MFC user.
> :
> :  Thanks,
> :  -Tom-
> :
> :
> :

1. Can anyone recommed some good book

---

Hi All

Can anyone recommend some good books on  winsock  32-bit programming in C or
C++

If you can come up with an ISBN Number that'll be great.

Regards

Carsten

 ////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Carsten Foss
    Danisco A/S
    Denmark
    Phone  : +45 32662652

    To reply : Please remove the x from daniscox
 ////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hi Carsten,

For SOCKET PROGRAMMING you can refer to the following books,

1) NETWORK PROGRAMMING WITH WINDOWS SOCKETS BY PAT BORNER.
   ISBN : 0-13-230152-0.
2) DEVELOPING FOR THE INTERNET WITH WINSOCK BY DAVE ROBERTS.
   ISBN : 1-883577-42-X
3) PROGRAMMING WINSOCK BY ARTHUR DUMAS.
   ISBN : 0-672-30594-1.
4) WINDOWS SOCKETS NETWORK PROGRAMMING BY BOB QUINN & DAVE SHUTE.
   ISBN : 0-201-63372-8.

Regards.
A.Vijayaraghavan.
Aditi Technologies Pvt.Ltd.

http://www.aditi.com

 Aditi Corp was formerly known as NetQuest Inc.

2. CC mode customization

3. 32-bit program slower than 16-bit program on porting.

4. WTB: ComicSetter by Gold Disk

5. Is there a 32-bit disassembler (like debug "u" but for 32-bit code)

6. SCSI devices.....

7. Detect 32-Bit OS from 16-Bit program

8. Mouse-click on Desktop ??

9. Using a 16-bit DLL with 32-bit programs.

10. Call a 32-bit DLL from a 16-bit program?

11. 32-bit program extracting icons from 16-bit resource

12. 16-bit program calling 32-bit DLL ?