Playing wave files over modem via wave output

Playing wave files over modem via wave output

Post by Luke Ulric » Tue, 16 May 2000 04:00:00

Hey,
Info: Tapi version 1.4.
External modem: BestData 336VLX

   When I wish to play a wave file, I use the realtime ACM compression
because I do not have supported wave format. However, when using ACM
compression (activated by including WAVE_MAPPED flag in waveoutOpen
function), I am no longer able to hang up the phone programmatically.
When I remove this flag (WAVE_MAPPED) I can succeed in* up the
phone.

If there is a easy example of how to make a call, play a wave file, hang
up available - I would very grateful.
Thanks
Luke

Post by Michael Dun » Tue, 16 May 2000 04:00:00

> Hey,
> Info: Tapi version 1.4.
> External modem: BestData 336VLX

>    When I wish to play a wave file, I use the realtime ACM compression
> because I do not have supported wave format. However, when using ACM
> compression (activated by including WAVE_MAPPED flag in waveoutOpen
> function), I am no longer able to hang up the phone programmatically.
> When I remove this flag (WAVE_MAPPED) I can succeed in* up the
> phone.

What error do you get when you call lineDrop()?

--
Michael Dunn is a TAPI Developer and Tester for Tri-Link Technologies
My TAPI web page:  http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. Poor quality of voice when play wave file via voice modem

Hi, all,

When I play wave file via voice modem, the quality of the voice on my
handphone is very poor. But I use an old version Bitware (3.3) to play same
files, the voice is quite clear. Would anybody tell me what probably could
cause this phenomenon?

I am using TAPI 1.4. The following is the format of a sample wave file:

wFormatTag = 1
nChannels = 1
nSamplesPerSec = 11025
nAvgBytesPerSec = 11025
nBlockAlign = 1
wBitsPerSample = 8
cbSize = 65021

Thanks for any help!

2. Testing Decforms, OSF-MOTIF

3. Can't play wave file via modem

4. How to sign up for STAT-L?

5. How to play wave file via TAPI?

6. OTAsyncOpenEndpoint question

7. How can I play wave file with a data modem?

8. Need Read-Only Text File Viewer

9. May I play a wave file to the speaker of a modem(not the telephone line)?

10. play/record wave file and DTMF detection thru modem in NT

11. playing wave file through voice modem

12. Changing Modem Settings and Playing Wave files

13. Playing WAVE files over voice modem