Not enough storage error while writting to a stream

Not enough storage error while writting to a stream

Post by Dave Pugmi » Thu, 02 May 2002 22:57:36

I'm getting the "Not enough storage..." error while writting a large
amount of data to a stream within a structured storage. The error
occurs during IStream->Write()
Is there anyway to determine why that happened? There is plenty of VM
and disk space. What else could be exhausted?
The storage has one sub-storage (a VBA sub-storage) and then 10 or so
streams. A few of the streams are pretty large, it fails while
writting 128 MB of data to the largest of the streams.

One interesting thing: The storage I'm using is an in-memory storage
created on lockbytes. If I changed the storage to be a disk-based
storage, I don't get the problem.

Any ideas? Any tricks to get a more useful error message? Any tools to
monitor which system resouce is disapearing? Anyway to step into the
IStream::Write so I can see what is going on ?

Thanks,

-dave

1. Writting ActiveX controls to a storage or stream

HI

I've been trying to write activex controls to a storage and/or stream.
Writting isn't a problem and neither is reading.
The problem is that the control does not updates its view

I have created a small C++ ActiveX dll that has two methods (read, write).
They take an IDispatch pointer, and in these procedures i QI for the
IPersistXXX interfaces ......

I've tested this with a ListView control (VB6 sp3) on a VB form.
I add some ListItems, call the write method, restart the program, read the
stream or storage. I can see that the collection of ListItems if filled with
the original values, but the screen is not updated, not even after a call to
the Refresh method.

I have tried hiding and showing the control, resizing, iterating trou the
ListItems and setting some property, but all that does not change the
situation.

I experience the same with a Treeview control, MSFlexGrid control, ....

Anyone have an idea on how to make the control update itself ?

bye

2. Remote backups with SSH?

3. Getting "Not enough storage is available to complete this operation" on a Win98 client

4. HP OmniGo ?

5. Not enough storage for complete operation

6. JOB: Software Quality Assurance Manager or Team Leader *** Prism Solutions, Sunnyvale, CA

7. Not enough storage is available to complete this operation

8. Windows Explorer

9. WQL query always returns "not enough storage"

10. Help me, Application Error (not enough space for args)

11. Application Error, not enough space for arguments

12. error "not enough resources to process this command"