D3D problem

Post by TheBazzal.. » Thu, 16 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hey,

>Here's the thing. I've been using D3D for almost three month now but this
>week I tried to use the retained mode to make a simple 3d modeler for the
>game I'm working on. So, instead of making a windowed application, I
>decided to make fullscreen one and creating the Device from a DirectDraw
>surface but It doesn't work and I don't know what goes wrong. I've looked
>in my reference books and it seems I do everything like it's suppose to be
>done. So I began a new application without the modeler function, just
>initialisation and a triangle face, so I still can't make the device. I
>attached the code to this message, maybe it's my compiler or just some
>stupid thing I forgot to do. I recommend you to try to compile it before
>you look at it because it's probably that Borland Compiler I'm using. If it
>doesn't work , I hope you'll find where's the problem.

I had this identical problem with a game I was writing.  In fact it was Direct
Draw which wasn't working properly.  So, if this is the same problem then
locking an off-screen surface should cause an access violation exception.  This
problem stayed until we reinstalled the entire system, however I think that the
source of the problem was the DirectX runtime libraries, and removing them and
reinstalling a different version (3.0 or 5.0, not 4.01 something or other)
should do the trick. Maybe.

The Bazzalisk /
                   <//>

1. assert message box problem in D3D full screen mode

Hi there

I inserted an assert in update routine. It work well in window mode.
but in full screen mode, assert message box can't be shown.

I know that this problem is caused by collision between D3D device and
message box GDI.

How can I flip GDI surface before calling message box?

Another, I tried assert message box in a  new process. but I failed.

How can I show assert message box in full screen mode?

Thanks,

- Assrada

2. *** WANTED *** 3M 40mb SCSI TAPE UNIT

3. How to tell if a window is a D3D render window

4. Job posting - Houston, TX

5. AVI Playback in full screen D3D application

6. object oriented or not?

7. Newbie question on D3D

8. Couple of questions around D3D

9. Found best resource for D3d IM (and like to share)

10. D3d Framework: ??