PB and Winsock Success!

Post by Carl Hoa » Thu, 21 Apr 1994 14:53:06

Finnaly, I've got the connection to work between PowerBuilder, Winsock, and
RS/6000 server programm.  Thanks for all your help.

1. Confirming success of winsock send()

I am working on an application that must know whether or not the
send() function succeeded. This seems to be a problem under Windows
and winsock. Apparently, the ability to set the timeout feature of
send() is not supported under windows. (SO_RCVTIMEO, SO_SNDTIMEO),
except in the case of over-lapped sockets (winsock 2).
(My source for winsock info is 'Windows Sockets Network Programming'
by Quinn/Shute, numerous articles, personnal experience.

My platform is NT 4.

Can someone help me out on my problem. (Explain further, find me a
solution, any help, ...)

Please echo all replies to my e-mail addresses:

Regards,

Angelo

2. Apple II graphics

3. BitBlt fails in Win95/98, but returns success message, why?

4. modem connection to desktop

5. R0_ReadFile success with return count 0?

6. Trident 16 color seamless drivers-do they work?

7. success code for IM??

8. Browser

9. Simple MAPI code fails with some email clients & success with others

10. Desktop Application run as NT service finally failed after success running 10 days !

11. anyone has success with IPHelper API?

12. DoVerb(OLEIVERB_OPEN) returns false success

13. NEC TSP anyone have success?