2nd Post: Can a hyperlink-ed image change dynamically? (with a macro)

2nd Post: Can a hyperlink-ed image change dynamically? (with a macro)

Post by Jan » Wed, 06 Nov 2002 08:30:00

Hi,

I'm posting this again because microsoft.public.word.programming seems
very inactive and I got no responses to my last post... This does
relates particularly to MS Word.

I wanted to know if it is possible to write a Macro (or any other code
for that matter) that dynamically changes the URL an image links to.

- I need to embed an image in a word document, that links to a
particular url. (For example:
http://www.abc.com/serverlogic?Data=URLEncodedDataFromWordCocument)

- As you can see above, everytime the user clicks on a particular
image, the url will change since the data posted to the server-side
code will also change. This is why I need the url that the image is
linking to, to change dynamically.

- The Data Field contains all the information associated with the
document. (Maybe the document itself, can be sent as a binary stream
to the server?)

Usage:

1. I have a document that I download with 10 areas to fill-up like a
form.
2. After I download the document, I fill up 2 areas in the form, and
then I click the 'help' icon. (The help icon would potentially be like
a 'custom' office clippy)
3. After the help icon is clicked, the data from the document is read
by the macro and is posted (using http post) to a particular URL
(simply having the URL include the post data will automatically post
to the server) that responds (HTTP Response) by popping up an HTML
page saying "Thank You".
4. Once the data is posted to the server, I need to be able to
"reconstruct" the document with the data the user has entered.

Please advise, I would really like help here.

TIA,
Jane

1. How to dynamically change image size?

Hi guys, I want to dynamically resize an image in terms of
size in bytes and in width and height.
Here's the scenario, I'm going to upload the image via
asp.net, since different images varies in sizes (bytes,
height and width). I would like to set a standard width
and height by dynamically changing it before it's allowed
to be saved into the directory. By changing the width and
height also, I wish to accomplish by changing the size (in
bytes) too. Can anyone show me how this is done and what
classes are being used?

Thanks in advance for you reply.

Yours truly,
Simon

2. Trade Ham Radio gear for Amiga Hardware.....NR5w

3. Compiling Inside OLE 2nd ed. Sample code

4. ++ TMS320C6x DSP info website ++

5. ?Still appropriate to read 2nd ed of Stroustrup's C++ PL?

6. SBS server logon script error

7. FYI: Programming Pearls 2nd Ed

8. PPP & WinSock

9. Book Review: UML Distilled (2nd ed.)

10. Booch 2nd. ed. what is new

11. WGPFD 2nd ED - I need gpdumb libs!

12. Efficiency of Win98 2nd ed. ?

13. Pointers to Members (Stroustrup, C++ Prog Lang, 2nd Ed)