Writing Directshow source filters and parser filters

Writing Directshow source filters and parser filters

Post by Nick Herodoto » Wed, 06 Nov 2002 07:29:15

I'm interested in writing a Directshow source filter
that will read from a custom file type and I would then
like to parse it for video frames using a parser filter.
I understand that the online documentation recommends
the pull model in this case.  Does anyone have any
pointers to any tutorials or even better some sample
source code for this case.  I understand that the
DirectShow 6 SDK had sample source code for an MPEG
parser but they've removed it in the DirectX 8 SDK
sample code.

Thanks,

Nick Herodotou

1. Kernel-mode DirectShow filter vs WDM filter driver

I hadn't realised that it was possible for DirectShow filters to be low
level enough to be called by DirectSound as well as the normal Windows
APIs.

I'm confused about the lack of documentation issue. For a WDM filter
approach, there is a WDM generic filter example in the DDK under WDM/USB -
isn't this more or less all I need or is it missing a great deal? For a
DirectShow filter approach, aren't DirectShow filters well documented, or
is it specifically kernel-mode ones that are not?

Mike

2. Delete Vertex problem.....

3. My Source Filter won't connect to any filters

4. GCC/Dice

5. How to write a parser filter?

6. Hardware Profiles

7. writing a parser filter

8. CALLING A WEBFORM

9. how to write a filter that can work with "DV Mux" filter

10. DirectShow source filter in .Net using com interop

11. About DirectShow Source Filters

12. Problem with DirectShow source filter...

13. help:how to use the DirectShow Filter:"RTP Render Filter" and "RTP Source Filter"