Microsoft Solutions Framework DDTITLE.EXE won't run on Win 95

Microsoft Solutions Framework DDTITLE.EXE won't run on Win 95

Post by b.. » Wed, 30 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hello, I need some help, please.  :-]

I just installed the Microsoft Solutions Framework CD on Windows 95.

When I try to start the [browser] program DDTITLE.EXE, the HD light
flickers and the program doesn't run.  The Topic Finder program
runs, but it won't access any documents -- it gives an error
message "No foreign application responded to a DDE initiate."

The install program took the liberty of putting "loadhigh SHARE.EXE"
in my autoexec.bat, but I've since removed it because it doesn't
make any difference to the problem.  Or maybe it does have something
to do with the problem ... maybe this CD browser program wants to
see SHARE in memory, but because it's Win 95 something doesn't
happen the way it expects.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Brian

1. Microsoft Solutions Framework DDTITLE.EXE won't run on Win 95

I just installed the Microsoft Solutions Framework CD on Windows 95.

When I try to start the [browser] program DDTITLE.EXE, the HD light
flickers and the program doesn't run.  The Topic Finder program
runs, but it won't access any documents -- it gives an error
message "No foreign application responded to a DDE initiate."

The install program took the liberty of putting "loadhigh SHARE.EXE"
in my autoexec.bat, but I've since removed it because it doesn't
make any difference to the problem.  Or maybe it does have something
to do with the problem ... maybe this CD browser program wants to
see SHARE in memory, but because it's Win 95 something doesn't
happen the way it expects.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Brian

2. NM2.1 Directory stopped working for four11 servers

3. MS Access 97 for Win 95 and MS Access Developer's Toolkit for Win 95

4. S24 card from a SPARC5 in an Ultra-1?

5. HELP - Error 50003 - VB5, Win 95, Win 98, Win NT

6. DECstation 2100 doesn't even get to self test messages :-(

7. MSDN WIN 95 DDK KBD DRIVER SAMPLE WON'T COMPILE

8. @Home RR talks shelved.

9. Win 95 won't "Quick View" files ie: JPG

10. Win NT & Win'95 Print to File

11. Can't Access [SOUNDS] in Win 95 Win.ini

12. True Type font won't work on Win 95?