IEEE 1394 bus reset

Post by John Colema » Sun, 23 Feb 2003 04:28:03

I'm using directshow to grab images from a IEEE1394 sony video camera.  It's
working great except that if I let the camera sit idle for a minute or two,
I have to unplug and plug the camera back in the firewire port to get the
graph to build.

I'm thinking that maybe a software reset of the firewire bus could solve the
problem, but I haven't found much information out there about how to do
easily do it.  Any ideas?

John

IEEE 1394 bus reset

Post by MVP » Sun, 23 Feb 2003 06:06:43

Quote:> I'm thinking that maybe a software reset of the firewire bus could solve
> the
> problem, but I haven't found much information out there about how to do
> easily do it.  Any ideas?

If you are writing about the auto-shutoff on the camcorder, take the tape
out of the camcorder and it won't turn off (assuming you are using a Sony
miniDV Camcorder--your post says video camera).

1. 1394 Camera - Bus Reset

Hello,

I am trying to perform a bus reset for a 1394 Camera in
Windows 2000.

I am currently looking to use the BusReset function
present in 1394api.dll (Windows DDK). Is this the only way
to do this ?

Is is possible to perform a bus reset from directshow ?

Also, the cameras are not detected when I run the
diagnostic win1394.exe application.

I would appreciate your help in this matter.

- Joe Smith

2. 2 second gap?

3. IEEE 1394 and Windows 2000

4. WTB: Atari Mega STe (Norway)

5. IEEE 1394

6. Connecting dummy terminals to an AT

7. networking over IEEE 1394

8. WTB Lexmark 4029 parts

9. How to control IEEE 1394 camera ?

10. IEEE 1394 Driver Development

11. Firewire (IEEE 1394) programming

12. Does SCSI Pass Through Support USB and IEEE 1394 Storage Devices?

13. DV NTSC transmission over IEEE-1394!