Dialog box doesn't show if BC4.5 not running?

Dialog box doesn't show if BC4.5 not running?

Post by gardne.. » Thu, 04 May 1995 04:00:00

Help!

I've written a little Windows utility using Borland C 4.5.
The utility uses a standard window but also calls a dialog
box.

If I run the utility while Borland 4.5 is also running,
everything is fine.

If I run the application without Borland 4.5 running,
the dialog box fails to appear and the application
continues on its merry way, ignoring whatever data
it was supposed to be given by the dialog box.

Does anyone know what is going on here?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Post by John Gra » Thu, 04 May 1995 04:00:00

>Help!

>I've written a little Windows utility using Borland C 4.5.
>The utility uses a standard window but also calls a dialog
>box.

>If I run the utility while Borland 4.5 is also running,
>everything is fine.

>If I run the application without Borland 4.5 running,
>the dialog box fails to appear and the application
>continues on its merry way, ignoring whatever data
>it was supposed to be given by the dialog box.

>Does anyone know what is going on here?

>Any help is greatly appreciated!

        Doesn't anybody read previous messages in these groups.  I bet
        you logged on, and marked all previous messages as 'read'
        and posted your question, right?

        This is the most FAQ of all of the FAQs in these groups and it
        has been answered at least 4 times in the past few days.  Search
        back through the posted messages.
--

Airborne Geophysics
Geological Survey of Canada, Ottawa

Dialog box doesn't show if BC4.5 not running?

Post by Russell Beldi » Thu, 04 May 1995 04:00:00

says...
Quote:

>Help!

>I've written a little Windows utility using Borland C 4.5.
>The utility uses a standard window but also calls a dialog
>box.

>If I run the utility while Borland 4.5 is also running,
>everything is fine.

>If I run the application without Borland 4.5 running,
>the dialog box fails to appear and the application
>continues on its merry way, ignoring whatever data
>it was supposed to be given by the dialog box.

>Does anyone know what is going on here?

>Any help is greatly appreciated!

I'm not sure I understand your description of the problem but try
inserting in your startup code:
EnableBWCC(TRUE);
and if you are using 3D controls also insert
EnableCtl3d(TRUE); EnableCtl3dAutoSubclass(TRUE);

1. Dialog Box doesn't show when run from ProgMan

Hi,  I have a problem which I hope someone could help me with.
Please bear with me, I'm a beginning Windows programmer.

I created a Dialog box with an OK button and an icon.  I change
the icon periodically (500 ms) by using a timer and DrawIcon().
My problem is that if I run the application from program manager
(either from the Run option in ~File, or from a Program Item) the
Dialog box does NOT show up!  However, if I load my compiler and
then run the program from program manager, then the dialog box
shows up just fine!  I have a couple of other menu options which
display static text, and they all work fine.  The dialog box
just doesn't want to display unless the program is run from the
compiler OR unless the compiler is loaded in memory!

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Srikanth

2. Welcome to CIPOL,CCID,MEI,P.R.China

3. drop down list box - doesn't drop, doesn't list, doesn't remember.

4. Creating CD-ROMS

5. Help BC4.02: Prog won't run unless BC4 is running.. ???

6. Series 5 Leather Case

7. New Requirement:[Req id:9863]- Senior PL/SQL Developer- KS.

8. Modal dialog doesn't disable modeless dialog when running InPlace.

9. REPOST: Modal dialog doesn't disable modeless dialog when running

10. Can't move dialog boxes, close button doesn't work

11. List box doesn't show horizontal scroll

12. Combo Box Data Doesn't Show Up