Borland C++ 3.1 - Windows 3.1 Application memory problem

Borland C++ 3.1 - Windows 3.1 Application memory problem

Post by Sunil Kab » Sat, 15 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

        I  have used Borland C++ for developing a Windows Application. The
program has grown to a very large size and now I am having problems. I
use the large memory model. The situation now is that whenever I add a
character string or dialog box or any such things, it starts crashing
during execution. I f I remove whatever I had added it runs well. I
have to use 'malloc' for every char string I use. I guess this is a
memory problem. My question is how do I modify the '.def' file or
options to overcome this problem. If I increase the heap or stack size
by a small amount, it makes no difference. If I increase it by too
much, the data segment exceeds 64K. I don't know what's the problem,
but i am sure quite a few of you guys must know exactly what's going
on. Please reply as soon as possible.

Thankyou for paying attention,
Sunil

1. IBM DOS/Win 3.1/Borland C++ 3.1 Problems?

Can you help me? A customer has tried to install my software, written in
Borland C++ 3.1 using OWL. He has an IBM Valuepoint 486 DX2 66 running IBM
DOS, and Windows 3.1.  His machine also has a Soundblaster and a CD Rom.

The program installs ok, using the setup that I wrote (also in Borland C++).
But, when he clicks on the icon for the main program he gets a floating point
exception, "attempt to take the square root of -1".  The program doesn't take
square roots to my knowledge!

The program installs just fine on his Thinkpad 500c.

I'd appreciate any suggestions as to how to tackle this problem.  The customer
is 500 miles away, and is not computer literate which presents some
difficulties in diagnosis to say the least.

Chuck Weinstock

2. PM Mail/2?

3. Borland C++ 3.1 & AF compare to Borland C++ 4.0?

4. VIRUS WARNING -- PLEASE READ

5. communications on an Atari 800

6. Selling Borland C++3.1 (for DOS & WIndows 3.1), asking $200

7. Help -- PXG and HX both in same DECstation

8. Printing problems with Windows 95 (with a Windows 3.1 application)

9. Problem linking with Borland C++ 3.1 (using SUIT)

10. Problem with Borland C/C++ 3.1 DLLs

11. Problem with Borland C++ 3.1