Example of a capture?

Post by Ran Davidovit » Tue, 24 Jul 2001 07:16:27

Could someone please give me an example of a capture exe that uses the
direct x, but i need it with the grabber sample....

10x

Example of a capture?

Post by Levon » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 01:36:55

Why don't you look at the explanation on how to grab samples
in the DirectX help file.

Furthermore, you can formulate the correct way to do it, by scanning
this newsgroup, as I did...

The most important thing w/ samplegrabber is if you want to take still
shots, you will need to connect the output pin of the video capture
filter to the samplegrabber's input physically (using connect() etc).

Levon S.

> Could someone please give me an example of a capture exe that uses the
> direct x, but i need it with the grabber sample....

> 10x

1. Need good example for capturing key messages and mapping to characters

Our application has been doing this for a long time, but unfortunately we
have some sort of minor issue and the shift state is not properly recognized
when we attempt to translate the WM_KEYDOWN message to the appropriate ASCII
value.

No problem for alphabetics and numbers, but it is impossible for us to
current distinguish between the number values above the alpha keys and the
corresponding shifted character (E.g. a '$' and '4' both get mapped to '4').

Here is what our code does with the WM_KEYDOWN message:

    if (pMsg->message == WM_KEYDOWN)
     {
     WORD ch;
     GetKeyboardState(keystate);
     int rc = ToAscii(pMsg->wParam, LOBYTE(HIWORD(pMsg->lParam)), keystate,
      &ch, 0);
     }

Thanks,

rb

2. Defining a delivery agent in Sendmail 8.8.5

3. Looking for code example on capturing Printer port to file.

4. LISA NT 2000 -- A Call for Papers

5. HELP!Need working example of capturing video with realProducer

6. Windsor/Detroit AtariFest - updates?

7. Only Capture PIN & Capture Filter In A TV-Tuner, How to Handle ??

8. WinProxy through Win2K server

9. How do I capture a bitmap from incoming capture stream...

10. Capturing Bitmaps through capture card using DirectShow

11. Screen captures/DIB captures

12. Example MSVC++ Example Code??

13. #2: Capturing obscured window? was: Re: "capture" entire screen in VC++