How to implement own UI of printer driver under NT 4.0

How to implement own UI of printer driver under NT 4.0

Post by cwh » Wed, 17 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi :
        I am working on printer driver of NT4.0 and try to implement own UI not
CPSUI style supplied by Microsoft. Could you have any suggestions ?

Any hints would be much appreciable !

Chu WoHuei

1. NT Printer driver UI dll : DrvDocumentPropertySheets.

Hi all,

        I tracked my 'invalid handle' (see my " URGENT : Odd NT printer driver
problem." in this newsgroup for more info on that) problem down to a
missing DrvDocumentPropertySheets export in my UI dll, so, I thought I
ought to get around to implementing it (I put it off because it didn't seem
to be called - well it wouldn't be called would it !) and I've got a couple
of queries about it :

        1. In the case where pPSUIInfo!=NULL, should DrvDocumentPropertySheets do
the same as my DrvDevicePropertySheets and, if so, can I just do :

        if(pPSUIInfo!=NULL)
                DrvDevicePropertySheets(pPSUIInfo, lParam);

        from within my DrvDocumentPropertySheets function ?

        2. Now for the case where pPSUIInfo==NULL - I've read the DDK docs on
DOCUMENTPROPERTYHEADER and I've looked at the Postscript UI sample (PSUI).
The combination of the two just confused me.
        PSUI appears to only implement the cases where fMode is either 0, DM_COPY
(DM_OUT_BUFFER) and DM_UPDATE (DM_OUT_DEFAULT), now, neither DM_UPDATE nor
DM_OUT_DEFAULT are mentioned in the DOCUMENTPROPERTYHEADER, so, is this
just the same as DM_COPY (CPSUI handles them identically) and are these the
only cases I have to handle ?
        I see I can rule out DM_IN_PROMPT, because pPSUIInfo is always going to be
NULL, but what about DM_IN_BUFFER, DM_ANDVANCED, DM_NOPERMISSION and
DM_USER_DEFAULT ?

TIA,

--
Scott Hill

Software Engineer (and all round nice guy)
Author of Pandora's Box
Company homepage : http://www.ddlinks.demon.co.uk

"The best trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he didn't
exist..."
                                                                - Verbal Kint.

"the Internet is here so we can waste time talking about nothing in
 particular when we should be working" - Marcus Hill.

2. Morons!

3. Porting Win95 printer driver & port monitor to NT 4.0

4. Motorola Modem Rebate

5. Can NT 4.0 Printer Driver Perform File I/O?

6. Controlling the Catalyst switches

7. Looking for FULL raster printer driver source for NT 4.0

8. Time and Licence

9. Help with developing a simple NT 4.0 printer driver

10. Looking for bitmap printer driver source for NT 4.0

11. NT 4.0 printer driver font rotation

12. Help with writing a Windows NT 4.0 Printer Graphics Driver

13. DDK printer driver for NT 4.0