why "CTransInPlaceFilter" can not be connected with "DirectSound" filter

why "CTransInPlaceFilter" can not be connected with "DirectSound" filter

Post by pang » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 02:49:49

I modify the "NullIP" sample in DX8.1 SDK to write a wave
justify filter,and test it using the following graph:
dv capture filter->dv splitter->my filter->directsound
filter,
but the graph manager tell me I can't do it,the reason is
there is no common media type between my filter
and "DirectSound" filter,I often encountered the same
error,and I had no idea to solve it because I don't know
where the problem is?SO PLEASE HELP ME!

why "CTransInPlaceFilter" can not be connected with "DirectSound" filter

Post by Toby Shar » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 00:58:04

I found a similar problem and solved it today. My problem was that an audio
filter derived from CTransInPlaceFilter couldn't connect from its output pin
to the input pin of the audio renderer downstream. Is this the same problem?

I believe the problem to be a bug in the implementation of
CTransInPlaceFilter::DecideBufferSize. The base implementation contains a
contradiction as to whether we care about the input pin's alignment
request - it says we don't and we don't forward the request, but then we
fail if we don't get it. I fixed this by overriding the method and adding 2
lines to the copied base implementation which forward the alignment request,
as for the buffer count and size. Then it worked fine.

Toby.

Quote:> I modify the "NullIP" sample in DX8.1 SDK to write a wave
> justify filter,and test it using the following graph:
> dv capture filter->dv splitter->my filter->directsound
> filter,
> but the graph manager tell me I can't do it,the reason is
> there is no common media type between my filter
> and "DirectSound" filter,I often encountered the same
> error,and I had no idea to solve it because I don't know
> where the problem is?SO PLEASE HELP ME!

1. Why "public" "private" "protected"

Fluff question, but it's always puzzled me a little. Either "commmon" or
"communal" are a better fit than "protected." Anyone know how
"protected" was picked?

---
[ comp.std.c++ is moderated.  To submit articles, try just posting with ]

[              --- Please see the FAQ before posting. ---               ]
[ FAQ: http://www.jamesd.demon.co.uk/csc/faq.html                       ]

2. CD-Rom Questions

3. "own" vs "uses" vs "contains" vs "is a"

4. Order of rcp -r copying

5. why "xxx DIALOG" and not "DIALOG xxx"

6. MSN messenger service chat

7. Removing "My Computer", "Recycle Bin" and "Network Neighborhood" from desktop

8. How can I run a external app at server in asp.net page?

9. extern "FORTRAN", extern "Pascal", extern "Ada" ... ?

10. How to use "inport" and "outport" in "C"

11. Guide to "X", "Open" and "Objects"

12. Why Does strchr() work with a "huge" pointer in a "large" model?

13. Why can't "static" and "virtual" be combined?