LDAP SERVER

Post by Venka » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 16:56:26

Hi,

We have an API called "ldap_simple_bind_s" which is used to authenticate a
client to a server.
This API takes 2 parameters userid and password.

I want to know if their is any API which authenticates a client to a server
by taking just the userid
as the parameter(not the password).

I need this because in one of my app which i am developing i am adding a
userid,
the dll need to verify if the userid is a valid one by connecting to the
LDAP server.

Thanks In Advance
Venkat

LDAP SERVER

Post by abc5594de » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 04:07:23

you need to either setup an account to be used by your app to do the search
for the user or open up the directory server for anonymous lookup (bad
idea).

if you do the first, think about ldaps and/or anything other than simple
authentication if that is supported by the server. read up on ldapv2 and v3
servers etc.

hope that gets you going.