MSVC - MS Fortran

Post by B Pickfo » Thu, 11 Jan 1996 04:00:00

A colleague has a large number of fortran routines which he wants
to use in a windows environment. I have been asked to write the
win3.1 front end in MSVC1.52.

A number of the routines are lengthy, and so will have to yield in
some way to the system so it doesn,t grind to a halt.

My first thought was to tell him to compile his source to a DLL, and
call it as any other.

Is this good bad or indifferent?

Have you done this, can you help?

TTFN Fraser

1. FORTRAN and MSVC++

I want to call old F77 functions from
visual C++.

The executable will be a windows exe or DLL.

Has anyone out there done something like that ?

Any help will be appreciated.

What fortran compiler should I use, etc. ?

Thanks.

Gabe Schmera
NRaD, Code 772
San Diego, CA 92152-5001
(619) 553-1107

2. HELP!: Playing .wav files

3. Help! MSVC++ calling FORTRAN

4. Guides for e-book editor on palm (breaking 4k limit)

5. How do I use FORTRAN from MSVC++?

6. Right Click sends to...

7. MS FORTRAN DLL called from VC++ 4.2 crash/compilation problem

8. HELP: Network problem (Desperate)

9. Wanted: User Interface for Fortran Programs using MS SDK

10. MS-Windows v3.0/3.1 FORTRAN library

11. MS FORTRAN 5.1 QuickWin; Setting Focus

12. MS Fortran + WIN 3.1

13. Help - accessing dll created with MS Fortran