HELP: To create an error message from DLL?

HELP: To create an error message from DLL?

Post by YETI » Tue, 27 May 1997 04:00:00

I need help.

How can I create an error message into a program that runs under windows
from a DLL made in C/C++?

Please send me an example.

HELP: To create an error message from DLL?

Post by Alfons Hoogervor » Wed, 28 May 1997 04:00:00

[trimmed newsgroups header]

Quote:>How can I create an error message into a program that runs under windows
>from a DLL made in C/C++?

MessageBox()? OutputDebugString()? (Also: please check the newsgroups
you're posting to.)

Bye.

+- Conceived through intercalation and juxtaposition -+
|  systems programmer / word player avant la lettre   |
|            proteus * worldaccess + nl               |

Post by Yosseff Levanon » Fri, 30 May 1997 04:00:00

> I need help.

> How can I create an error message into a program that runs under windows
> from a DLL made in C/C++?

> Please send me an example.

What about :
        MessageBox( NULL, "Message Body", "Message Title", MB_OK )
????

HELP: To create an error message from DLL?

Post by Lokes » Thu, 05 Jun 1997 04:00:00

How about OutputDebugString("Error message");
-Lokesh

>> I need help.

>> How can I create an error message into a program that runs under
windows
>> from a DLL made in C/C++?

>> Please send me an example.

>What about :
> MessageBox( NULL, "Message Body", "Message Title", MB_OK )
>????

1. Q:error messages/error message ID

Hi,

Does anyone a suggestion on a error ID solution or a link to some
place that might stash a code example? What I had in mind is to keep
track of all the error messages by attaching an error code/ID and that
way make it is possible to differentiate how serious a printed message
is. It will? make the printouts more neat and make the life easier for
the user and to keep the error messages which are node related apart.
I assume that the GNU C++ library will also "claim" a few digits. Does
anyone have any ideas on where I can get some inspiration ? :-)

erica

2. Add/Remove Programs (appwiz.cpl) Question

3. Help with error message "Error: no data exchange control with ID 0x1F40."

4. FS: Sun 16" trintron w/13w3 connector $175 + shipping

5. Help...Need help with error message

6. THIS IS NOT A JOKE

7. CDO Create and Sending Message Error

8. FS: Autocad R13 Combo Pak

9. 3rdPartyApp => my DLL => my Dll GUI Thread => my dialogs (mucho errors) need help ?

10. Can a DLL create a windows message loop ?

11. Message error : *.DLL could not be leaded

12. How to display error message in DLL.

13. CTL3DV2.DLL error message