Hidden Shares

Post by The Brai » Wed, 25 Feb 1998 04:00:00

All,

What API can I use to find Hidden Shares.  I am using WNetEnumResource() to
find shares but now I want to find Hidden share(Admin Shares C$, D$, ADMIN$
and so on).  Please help.  Thanks in advance...

Hidden Shares

Post by Felix Kasza [MV » Thu, 26 Feb 1998 04:00:00

[follow-ups set to m.p.win32.programmer.networks]

Sharp Mind/Brain,

you may want to apply your intellectual facilities to the creation of
shorter crosspost lists. The folks in the MFC groups will probably
thank you.

 > What API can I use to find Hidden Shares.

NetShareEnum(). Its use is obvious if you look at lmshare.h.

Cheers,
Felix.

--
If you post a reply, kindly refrain from emailing it, too.
I have killfiled hotmail.com and yahoo.com. If you are legit,

1. Listing hidden shares on win95/98 machines

I have code now that will use WNetEnumResource to lists shares and
printers on a machine.   I just added NetShareEnum, which will list
hidden resources on NT machines.

So how do I list hidden resources/shares on 95/98 machines?

Also, if you are reading this, what d I have to do:

NetShareEnum( (char *) L"\\\\SERVER", ....)
  when one would think that
NetShareEnum( L"\\\\SERVER", .... )
  would work.  It tells me it can't convert from unsigned short [8] to
char *.

And if all it wants is a char *, then how come
NetShareEnum("\\\\SERVER",....)
doesn't work?  (On win2k)

2. Setting the "Default Protocol=IP" in DOMAIN.INI

3. Howto enumarate hidden shares ?

4. install second HD

5. What are "hidden shares" ?

6. Something is adding "homer"

7. Q: Enumerating/browsing hidden shares

8. WWW Pages on OpenVMS to Unix Migration

9. how do I view hidden shares

10. Enumerating/browsing hidden shares

11. Enumerate hidden shares?

12. keep the Win2000's auto-hide-enabled taskbar permanently hidden