read the cpu- and memory-usage via snmp

Post by Markus Strob » Thu, 28 Nov 2002 17:25:15

Third try to get an answer to my question ....

Is it possible to read the cpu- and memory-usage via snmp from a
remote machine with only the standard-mib installed?
Which OID-names do i have to request?

My service requesting the data runs under Windows NT 4.0 SP6 and
the machines i want to request are Windows Servers (NT and 2000).

Any help would again be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

markus :)

look at hostmib.mib
there are per-process counters in a group whose implementation is optional.

BTW, there are many other way to get that information through
RegQueryValueEx(HKEY_PERFORMANCE_DATA),
PDH.dll, and several WinMmgt classes.

--
This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Quote:> Third try to get an answer to my question ....

> Is it possible to read the cpu- and memory-usage via snmp from a
> remote machine with only the standard-mib installed?
> Which OID-names do i have to request?

> My service requesting the data runs under Windows NT 4.0 SP6 and
> the machines i want to request are Windows Servers (NT and 2000).

> Any help would again be greatly appreciated!

> Thanks in advance

> markus :)

read the cpu- and memory-usage via snmp

Post by arkady » Thu, 28 Nov 2002 18:14:22

I don't know mib but Perfmon ( look in MSDN ) show it from registry.
It's a lot of articles about how to add your own app performance to Perfmon
in MSDN
Arkady

Quote:> Third try to get an answer to my question ....

> Is it possible to read the cpu- and memory-usage via snmp from a
> remote machine with only the standard-mib installed?
> Which OID-names do i have to request?

> My service requesting the data runs under Windows NT 4.0 SP6 and
> the machines i want to request are Windows Servers (NT and 2000).

> Any help would again be greatly appreciated!

> Thanks in advance

> markus :)

1. read cpu utilization and memory usage from remote server using snmp

hi newsgroup!!

i wrote a server surveillance-tool and i'd like to read some statistical
values from those remote machines.
for example cpu utilization, memory usage and so on.
i heard that i could achieve this using snmp, but the snmp api is pretty
complicated :( and i wasn't able to find
good sample sources or documentation on this topic.

could you please give me some sample source on how to read certain values
from remote machines?

i'm using winnt 4.0 sp6a, visual c++ 6.0

thanks a lot in advance!!

greetings markus :)

2. Big problems with 20.3 need help

3. Memory usage and cpu usage of a process

4. VMS PORT: FRACTMOUNT, XSPREAD, XBAE

5. #Processes/CPU Usage/Memory Usage

6. is there English documentation for TEMPLMON?

7. snmp: oid names for cpu- and mem-usage

8. HELP! Ascend Pipeline 75 and IDSL

9. Cannot get more than 60% cpu usage with 2 cpu?

10. How to control the memory and CPU usage

11. CPU and Memory Usage

12. Process CPU and memory usage

13. CPU/Memory usage on win 98