Linksys firmware 1.23 - keep getting log on screen

Linksys firmware 1.23 - keep getting log on screen

Post by Wubba » Sat, 20 May 2000 04:00:00

I just upgraded my Linksys BEFSR41 firmware from 1.22 to 1.23. (It was working
fine, except for the reconnection problem others have discussed - which is why
I upgraded.)

Now when I enable PPPoE (and include my ISP info) on the setup page, then hit
"Apply", a Linksys screen pops up asking me to log in. No matter what I put in
(either the password I'd changed to previously in 1.22, or "Admin", the default
one) I get the Linksys log on screen back. I tried resetting to factory
defaults, but no dice.

Thinking it was a problem with 1.23, I then went back to the Linksys home page,
DLed 1.22 again (being grateful for their disorganization), and reinstalled it,
but no luck. The same problem recurs, and the log on screen is that from 1.23
(i.e., it refers to the realm as BEFSR41/BEFSR11, which I don't recall seeing
in 1.22).

Any help would be much appreciated!

Linksys firmware 1.23 - keep getting log on screen

Post by anenginee » Sun, 21 May 2000 04:00:00

Try using the router's <reset> button and hold
it long enough to reset to default settings.
=====================

Quote:> I just upgraded my Linksys BEFSR41 firmware from 1.22 to 1.23. (It was
working
> fine, except for the reconnection problem others have discussed - which is
why
> I upgraded.)

> Now when I enable PPPoE (and include my ISP info) on the setup page, then
hit
> "Apply", a Linksys screen pops up asking me to log in. No matter what I
put in
> (either the password I'd changed to previously in 1.22, or "Admin", the
default
> one) I get the Linksys log on screen back. I tried resetting to factory
> defaults, but no dice.

> Thinking it was a problem with 1.23, I then went back to the Linksys home
page,
> DLed 1.22 again (being grateful for their disorganization), and
reinstalled it,
> but no luck. The same problem recurs, and the log on screen is that from
1.23
> (i.e., it refers to the realm as BEFSR41/BEFSR11, which I don't recall
seeing
> in 1.22).

> Any help would be much appreciated!

Linksys firmware 1.23 - keep getting log on screen

Post by Wubba » Tue, 23 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi Traveller,

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

Steve

Post by Richard Cha » Sun, 04 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> Try using the router's <reset> button and hold
> it long enough to reset to default settings.
> =====================

> > I just upgraded my Linksys BEFSR41 firmware from 1.22 to 1.23. (It was
> working
> > fine, except for the reconnection problem others have discussed - which is
> why
> > I upgraded.)

> > Now when I enable PPPoE (and include my ISP info) on the setup page, then
> hit
> > "Apply", a Linksys screen pops up asking me to log in. No matter what I
> put in
> > (either the password I'd changed to previously in 1.22, or "Admin", the
> default
> > one) I get the Linksys log on screen back. I tried resetting to factory
> > defaults, but no dice.

> > Thinking it was a problem with 1.23, I then went back to the Linksys home
> page,
> > DLed 1.22 again (being grateful for their disorganization), and
> reinstalled it,
> > but no luck. The same problem recurs, and the log on screen is that from
> 1.23
> > (i.e., it refers to the realm as BEFSR41/BEFSR11, which I don't recall
> seeing
> > in 1.22).

> > Any help would be much appreciated!

I have the exact problem. I tried to reset it with no success and I have
to return it.

Linksys firmware 1.23 - keep getting log on screen

Post by Wubba » Tue, 06 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Richard,

I fixed this problem, but am embarrassed to say I'm not sure exactly how. As
indicated, I couldn't get my desktop past the log-in screen. In frustration O
then tried my laptop (which I hadn't touched since DLing and installing 1.23 to
the desktop). Voila! It worked.

Now I can access the Linksys from either desktop or laptop. Go figure. Perhaps
if you uninstall 1.23 entirely, then do a clean reinstall of 1.22 ...

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Linksys firmware 1.23 - keep getting log on screen

Post by Travell » Wed, 07 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I had this when I first got the router. I powered everything down, and
when I powered everythign up i.e. router, PC, DSL modem etc, it gave
me the logon screen....freaky eh?

I had to return this router due to frequent PPPOE drops. And also, no
IPSEC support except for a beta firmware that someone says supports
IPSEC. But I had already returned the LInksys router, so I can't
confirm.

I am awaiting the ISB2LAN 4-port router from www.nexland.com and see
whether that works fine. When I get it, I will test and post here to
this newsgroup.

Traveller

>> Try using the router's <reset> button and hold
>> it long enough to reset to default settings.
>> =====================

>> > I just upgraded my Linksys BEFSR41 firmware from 1.22 to 1.23. (It was
>> working
>> > fine, except for the reconnection problem others have discussed - which is
>> why
>> > I upgraded.)

>> > Now when I enable PPPoE (and include my ISP info) on the setup page, then
>> hit
>> > "Apply", a Linksys screen pops up asking me to log in. No matter what I
>> put in
>> > (either the password I'd changed to previously in 1.22, or "Admin", the
>> default
>> > one) I get the Linksys log on screen back. I tried resetting to factory
>> > defaults, but no dice.

>> > Thinking it was a problem with 1.23, I then went back to the Linksys home
>> page,
>> > DLed 1.22 again (being grateful for their disorganization), and
>> reinstalled it,
>> > but no luck. The same problem recurs, and the log on screen is that from
>> 1.23
>> > (i.e., it refers to the realm as BEFSR41/BEFSR11, which I don't recall
>> seeing
>> > in 1.22).

>> > Any help would be much appreciated!
>I have the exact problem. I tried to reset it with no success and I have
>to return it.

Linksys firmware 1.23 - keep getting log on screen

Post by Froth » Wed, 07 Jun 2000 04:00:00

In my case, im using the Linksys BEFSR41 with Alcatels Speed Touch
Home and Bellsouths ADSL service.

For a time, the router would stop passing through traffic, I would
attempt to log on, it would let me to the status screen, and I would
try to manually disconnect (it thought it was still connected),  then
reconnect.  After attempting to reconnect twice, the web interface
would stop responding.  I could go to another computer on the network,
and could access it fine.

I then found that powering down the router would work also.

But, this works also.  I have the "connect on demand" option checked.
Max Idle time = 0

If the router stops passing traffic through, I can go into the
console, click disconnect, kill the browser, then start it back up,
and it starts passing packets through.

I did have to send 1 router back because the console stopped
responding and the Diag light on the router kept flashing.  Im pretty
sure this was a defective router, because once I told a support rep
from Linksys about the Diag light, he told me to replace it.

Hope this helps.  Has been working pretty "reliabably" , that is, only
a few disconnects every so often.

Im in the Raleigh, NC area.

Quote:>Thanks for your suggestion. I'd tried that, in fact I powered down the Linksys
>and left it until morning, but the problem is still there.

>Going to an old laptop on my LAN allowed me to activate the Linksys without
>this problem. Normally I'd think "corrupted file" on the first box and
>reinstall, but in this case both 'puters are accessing the same firmware, so
>I'm puzzled. Any ideas?

>TIA!

1. Linksys BEFSR41 1.23 update?

        I 've had horribel problems with the router and still having
problems with the darned connections.  Firmware 1.37
I have a desktop and laptop.
Desktop runs 98
Lap runs NT
Both are connected using the Lynksys
        I took 2 hours to get both systems running today!
        I finally disconnected the laptop and plugged it right into
the DSL modem and used Winpoet to get a connection.  It worked
perfectly, thus leading me to believe my modem is fine and my laptop
are fine.  The problem resides in the router connection.
        On desktop and laptop using  the router,  I am unable to Ping
Earthlink gateway or any other system!!!!   Yet, I have a network
connection.
        I have never cleanly connected since I installed the Linksys.
My family hates using the desktop because they are never able to
connect to the Internet!
        I have reset the router, disconnected it and retsarted it.
        I've tried turing the systems on in sequence (
Modem-router-PC).
        Nothing works to enable an auto connection.   I am ,most often
unable to get to Linksys site 199.162.1.1 to reset, and when I do,
nothing happens because the connection is not made.   Why does it take
so long!!!!
        I strongly  suspect the router is the problem.  Your thoughts?

If u don't mind, please ditto your response to my EMAIL address because
I am unable to frequently access Usenet groups.

2. reusing an interface

3. Linksys has officially pulled 1.23 code

4. Techniques & Tools used in DSP

5. Linksys BEFSR41 1.23 update?

6. W2K - DOS BOX - PIF Editor

7. getting rid of @home "verifying log data" screen

8. 'Run As' (2K & XP)

9. PPI14400FXSA ROM Upgrade 1.15i -> 1.23

10. Help! Need PPI Version 1.23 EPROMs

11. Practical Peripherals EPROM 1.23 for 14.4 modem

12. Linksys BEFSR41 1.30 firmware upgrade available anywhere other than Linksys?

13. Windows screen gets garbled when using an internal card...