BA's Winpoet 3.0 posted

BA's Winpoet 3.0 posted

Post by bluehea » Tue, 17 Oct 2000 04:00:00



https://support.bellatlantic.net/members/help/download.html#dsl
 
 
 

BA's Winpoet 3.0 posted

Post by DSL'e » Tue, 17 Oct 2000 04:00:00


On my comp. A Toshiba 2140xcds. SHLWAPI.DLL is a problem. just as it was
with ver. 2.0. The fix is to delete SHLWAPI.DLL in the verizon folders. But
thanks anyway for the info.

Quote:> https://support.bellatlantic.net/members/help/download.html#dsl


 
 
 

BA's Winpoet 3.0 posted

Post by bric » Tue, 17 Oct 2000 04:00:00


I can't register until the 20th so that link is NG for me!

If I could get that program I wouldn't have to uninstall WIN ME.
BA is pissing me off!

Brice


Quote:> https://support.bellatlantic.net/members/help/download.html#dsl

 
 
 

BA's Winpoet 3.0 posted

Post by Robert Schlabbac » Tue, 17 Oct 2000 04:00:00



Quote:> I can't register until the 20th so that link is NG for me!

> If I could get that program I wouldn't have to uninstall WIN ME.
> BA is pissing me off!

If you can go to the link in my signature, you won't have to uninstall
Windows Me either. :)

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach

Author of RASPPPOE - http://user.cs.TU-Berlin.DE/~normanb

 
 
 

BA's Winpoet 3.0 posted

Post by Albert Hennes » Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:37:46


"bluehead" revealed:

Quote:> https://support.bellatlantic.net/members/help/download.html#dsl

     Is the version no. really 3.0?  I called Earthlink, and their
Tier 2 Tech Support says that they today discussed ver. 2.1
with Wind River, but release to Earthlink customers is still a
month away.

Al_Hennesy

 
 
 

BA's Winpoet 3.0 posted

Post by Jim » Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:45:45


It is WinPoet 2.0, I believe they just changed Bell Atlantic to Verizon.


Quote:

> "bluehead" revealed:
> > https://support.bellatlantic.net/members/help/download.html#dsl

>      Is the version no. really 3.0?  I called Earthlink, and their
> Tier 2 Tech Support says that they today discussed ver. 2.1
> with Wind River, but release to Earthlink customers is still a
> month away.

> Al_Hennesy

 
 
 

BA's Winpoet 3.0 posted

Post by DriP » Wed, 18 Oct 2000 11:08:02


it is still version winpoet 2.0

curious is anyone getting this in windows me using rasppoe?
Date 10/16/2000 Time 01:23
TAPISRV caused an invalid page fault in
module RPCRT4.DLL at 0187:7fac4e1a.
Registers:
EAX=00000001 CS=0187 EIP=7fac4e1a EFLGS=00010246
EBX=80000048 SS=018f ESP=00deff80 EBP=00deffcc
ECX=00000002 DS=018f ESI=004242b8 FS=0c4f
EDX=8193ccf0 ES=018f EDI=8193cce8 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
8b 73 10 bd 98 3a 00 00 74 08 6a 00 ff 15 18 e6
Stack dump:
00deffcc 8193cce8 004242b8 81936338 7fad0092 80000048 00000008 bff79391
004242b8 8193cce8 00000008 81936338 00000007 00deffa4 00defdb0 ffffffff


Quote:> https://support.bellatlantic.net/members/help/download.html#dsl

 
 
 

BA's Winpoet 3.0 posted

Post by bric » Wed, 18 Oct 2000 04:00:00


Hi!

I downloaded that file last week, it's my understanding I have to use
winpoet to register then change over afterwards.

Brice




> > I can't register until the 20th so that link is NG for me!

> > If I could get that program I wouldn't have to uninstall WIN ME.
> > BA is pissing me off!

> If you can go to the link in my signature, you won't have to uninstall
> Windows Me either. :)

> Regards,
> --
> Robert Schlabbach

> Author of RASPPPOE - http://user.cs.TU-Berlin.DE/~normanb

 
 
 

BA's Winpoet 3.0 posted

Post by Marilyn and Bo » Wed, 18 Oct 2000 04:00:00


    Not exactly all that is changed.  Firstly, they are changing from
bellatlantic.net to verizon.net, although both seem to work.  And, for
those who were James Earl Jones deprived:  he's back with this version.
Also, in their wisdom, following the instructions in their downloaded
manual, they have you uninstall NETSCAPE and InVerse IP Insight prior to
installing WinPoet 3.0.  But their software download does not reinstall
either of these applications.  No great loss for me, since I use IE, but it
is sure stupid on their part.  Also their manual gives the wrong POP3 name.
It should be mailBOX.verizon.net, not mail.verizon.net.
--
BobJ


> It is WinPoet 2.0, I believe they just changed Bell Atlantic to Verizon.



> > "bluehead" revealed:
> > > https://support.bellatlantic.net/members/help/download.html#dsl

> >      Is the version no. really 3.0?  I called Earthlink, and their
> > Tier 2 Tech Support says that they today discussed ver. 2.1
> > with Wind River, but release to Earthlink customers is still a
> > month away.

> > Al_Hennesy

 
 
 

BA's Winpoet 3.0 posted

Post by Marilyn and Bo » Wed, 18 Oct 2000 04:00:00


Correction to my last post:
    They do give you InSight IP, just don't tell you to install it; so this
time I won't.  But Netscape truly is gone.
--
BobJ



>     Not exactly all that is changed.  Firstly, they are changing from
> bellatlantic.net to verizon.net, although both seem to work.  And, for
> those who were James Earl Jones deprived:  he's back with this version.
> Also, in their wisdom, following the instructions in their downloaded
> manual, they have you uninstall NETSCAPE and InVerse IP Insight prior to
> installing WinPoet 3.0.  But their software download does not reinstall
> either of these applications.  No great loss for me, since I use IE, but
it
> is sure stupid on their part.  Also their manual gives the wrong POP3
name.
> It should be mailBOX.verizon.net, not mail.verizon.net.
> --
> BobJ



> > It is WinPoet 2.0, I believe they just changed Bell Atlantic to Verizon.



> > > "bluehead" revealed:
> > > > https://support.bellatlantic.net/members/help/download.html#dsl

> > >      Is the version no. really 3.0?  I called Earthlink, and their
> > > Tier 2 Tech Support says that they today discussed ver. 2.1
> > > with Wind River, but release to Earthlink customers is still a
> > > month away.

> > > Al_Hennesy

 
 
 

BA's Winpoet 3.0 posted

Post by Robert Schlabbac » Fri, 20 Oct 2000 04:00:00



Quote:> I downloaded that file last week, it's my understanding I have to use
> winpoet to register then change over afterwards.

From what I understand, you don't need WinPoET, but BA/Verizon's customized
Netscape w/ Java scripts to create your account. Or you can call BA/Verizon
and have someone set up your account over the phone.

Once you have your account data, you can do entirely without BA/Verizon's
software and use only RASPPPOE.

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach

Technical University of Berlin, Germany

 
 
 

BA's Winpoet 3.0 posted

Post by Frank O'Neil » Mon, 23 Oct 2000 04:00:00


I've been running RASPPPOE under WinMe ever since I first got ADSL
service from EarthLink/Verizon ten days ago and I've seen this error
three times during that period.  Don't know the cause.  Each time that
it's occurred, I've had to reboot the system in order to be able to
reconnect.

Perhaps Mr. Schlabbach could offer some suggestions, although I don't
know that he has access to a WinMe system on which to reproduce the
error.

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 02:08:02 GMT, in 'comp.dcom.xdsl',
in article <Re: BA's Winpoet 3.0 posted>,


>curious is anyone getting this in windows me using rasppoe?
>Date 10/16/2000 Time 01:23
>TAPISRV caused an invalid page fault in
>module RPCRT4.DLL at 0187:7fac4e1a.
>Registers:
>EAX=00000001 CS=0187 EIP=7fac4e1a EFLGS=00010246
>EBX=80000048 SS=018f ESP=00deff80 EBP=00deffcc
>ECX=00000002 DS=018f ESI=004242b8 FS=0c4f
>EDX=8193ccf0 ES=018f EDI=8193cce8 GS=0000
>Bytes at CS:EIP:
>8b 73 10 bd 98 3a 00 00 74 08 6a 00 ff 15 18 e6
>Stack dump:
>00deffcc 8193cce8 004242b8 81936338 7fad0092 80000048 00000008 bff79391
>004242b8 8193cce8 00000008 81936338 00000007 00deffa4 00defdb0 ffffffff

--
Frank O'Neill, Independent Consultant
New York, NY

[Please remove 'nojunkmail.' from address to reply via e-mail.]

 
 
 

1. Anyone with results on BA's Winpoet and Winproxy 3.0?

I've been using Ositis software's Winproxy 3.0 (Net sharing for my LAN -
great prog!) with my dialup connection.  My BA dsl is SUPPOSED to be on,
tomorrow night.  The Winproxy folk report conflicts with some
implementations of PPPoE, but can't be specific about which ones.  They are
working on a fix, but who knows when that'll show.

Has anyone been using this program with BA's Winpoet?

Thanks.

2. database is read only

3. BA's WinPoET 1.4 Problems w/ Win98se

4. Which to install on semi-production/demo webserver, vstudio.net-b1 or sdk-b1?

5. BA's New WinPoet 2.0 Faster/Better???

6. Backing up tcpip

7. 4060 modem, BA and Winpoet 2.0.

8. Mac won't send red signal to monitor

9. Upgrade from BA winpoet to Verizon?

10. BA PPPoE w/o WinPoet?

11. BA, WinPOET & NIC Settings

12. Configuring a PC for WinPOet and Mac Ethernet / BA

13. BA DSL WinPoET / iVasion adapter problem, HELP!