SBC Delays Prompt DSL Suspension

Post by John Nava » Sat, 05 Aug 2000 04:00:00

<http://www.internetnews.com/isp-news/article/0,,8_429251.00.html>

   Dewey Coffman, Jump.Net vice president of sales and
   marketing, said its business as usual when dealing with
   ASI.

   "For the past two months we've been documenting every
   customer complaint we've had, at ASI's request, and have
   met with everyone from the lowest level to the chief
   financial officer, with no results," Coffman said. "For the
   past four months, we've had issues with customer orders
   being lost and our customers have told us about ASI
   technicians telling them to switch DSL service to SBC. We
   just had to say stop."

   "It's really the ugliest I've seen in the DSL world,"
   Coffman said.

Best regards,
John Navas     <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/>
     CABLE MODEM/DSL GUIDE:  <http://Cable-DSL.home.att.net/>

Post by John Slad » Sat, 05 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> <http://www.internetnews.com/isp-news/article/0,,8_429251.00.html>

>    Dewey Coffman, Jump.Net vice president of sales and
>    marketing, said its business as usual when dealing with
>    ASI.

>    "For the past two months we've been documenting every
>    customer complaint we've had, at ASI's request, and have
>    met with everyone from the lowest level to the chief
>    financial officer, with no results," Coffman said. "For the
>    past four months, we've had issues with customer orders
>    being lost and our customers have told us about ASI
>    technicians telling them to switch DSL service to SBC. We
>    just had to say stop."

>    "It's really the ugliest I've seen in the DSL world,"
>    Coffman said.

> --
> Best regards,
> John Navas     <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/>
>      CABLE MODEM/DSL GUIDE:  <http://Cable-DSL.home.att.net/>

      Boy this really surprises me.

John

1. Bell Atlantic DSL: delays, delays delays ... wtf?

After 6 delays starting back in July, Bell Atlantic has done it yet
again.  What the *hell* is wrong with this company?  I checked their
site today and they were even more vague for my area code and
exchange saying that DSL will be available "in the next three months".
Yeah and monkeys might fly out of my ass too.

If Cablevision had cable internet access in Westchester Cnty NY Bell
Atlantic would have lost my business a long long time ago.  I don't
mind waiting for it but for Christ's sake don't give out a date and
then change it 2 days before (or in some cases 2 days after) the posted
release date.  You call this professional?  Sounds like a frickin'
monopoly throwing it's weight around knowing that they can get away
with it.

Does anyone have any idea *why* these guys are taking so long?  I've
called and I get a usual line of "new technology" and "we've run into
technical problems" from their sales people who really don't know whats
going on behind the scenes.  I'm getting really tired of my 56k line
and there are *zero* options in my area save ISDN which for the price
is absolutely worthless.  Sorry for the rant.  This just hit me wrong
this morning.

Peace out,
SaintDude

--
"Whoever said you can't run away from your problems obviously wasn't
moving fast enough."

--
"Whoever said you can't run away from your problems obviously wasn't mov

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. New PalmPilot?

3. SBC Yahoo! DSL Named Preferred Product for DIRECTV DSL Customers

4. Funny idea...

5. LAN Conversion From DirecTV DSL To SBC/Yahoo! DSL

6. ?? Anybody has heared GIS supplement named as Oracle MultiDimension

7. Delay Between Greeting and Menu Choices prompt

8. Scitex Ripro3000 + RAID

9. SBC / PacTel Merge - SBC Releases NPA Info

10. Setting up an 831 router on SBC DSL

11. Cisco WIC-1ADSL and SBC Yahoo DSL

12. sample 1721 ADSL setup for SBC DSL in Bay Area?

13. sbc dsl and cisco vpn