Alcatel SpeedTouch USB DSL *WORKING* in RRAS

Alcatel SpeedTouch USB DSL *WORKING* in RRAS

Post by Braden J Compt » Thu, 21 Mar 2002 22:19:46

For those of you who, like me, spent many hours frustrated by the fact
that Win2K/XP/.NET RRAS won't let you add your stingray in RRAS as a
demand dial interface, fear not.  It CAN be done.  Here's how:

1. Fire up trusty regedit
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class
3. You will want to search for the location of your speedtouch class
   entry.  Mine lives under
   {4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318}\0010
   but your milage may vary.
4. Modify (or add if not present) the REG_DWORD key names
   "EnableForRouting" from 0 to 1
   "EnableForOutboundRouting"  from 0 to 1
5. You *MUST* reboot the machine.  I tried restarting services, didn't
   do anything

Now you should get your DSL modem listed as a routable interface in
Remote Routing and Access Services.

It looks like the settings get reset to zero with every reboot.  Could
be somthing whacky with my present setup (.NET beta), but just the
same... be wary.  Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Braden Compton.