Frustrated w/ Sprint

Post by Taffe » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 09:02:14

I'm still on dialup awaiting Sprint DSL availability in the Marietta, PA
area.  My wifes uncle works for sprint and has been installing the circuits
at the DSLAM near the town square so they should be servicing our area but
every time I call they say "sorry, not in your area".  It seems like every
small town in America has DSL but me...ARGGH!!

Frustrated w/ Sprint

Post by Brian Whale » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 15:59:42

scope out the qualification on www.dslreports.com, see what u can get..

        Bri

Quote:> I'm still on dialup awaiting Sprint DSL availability in the Marietta, PA
> area.  My wifes uncle works for sprint and has been installing the
circuits
> at the DSLAM near the town square so they should be servicing our area but
> every time I call they say "sorry, not in your area".  It seems like every
> small town in America has DSL but me...ARGGH!!

Frustrated w/ Sprint

Post by George Erhar » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 22:43:13

I *felt* your pain for a long time. I live in an unincorporated township
about
25 miles from Columbus, Ohio. For a long time, I thought that the price I
pay for living in the country and having a few acres as to be one of the
digital have-nots. Last spring I finally broke down and had Sprint install
an ISDN line. That bumped my dialup speeds from ~24kbs to ~64kbs.
(I could not get my modem to bond both B channels with any local ISDN
capable ISP and 128Kbs service was expensive.)

Finally, as Thanksgiving rolls around, Sprint installed DSL 512/128 service
to my house. (After telling me twice before that I was too far out.) Plus,
Time-Warner is installing new cable runs on all of the rural roads around
here and promises to have digital cable and road-runner available soon.

Your time will come ...

Quote:> I'm still on dialup awaiting Sprint DSL availability in the Marietta, PA
> area.  My wifes uncle works for sprint and has been installing the
circuits
> at the DSLAM near the town square so they should be servicing our area but
> every time I call they say "sorry, not in your area".  It seems like every
> small town in America has DSL but me...ARGGH!!

1. Frustrated.....just VERY frustrated :-(

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

     I purchased a Motorola SurfBoard SB4100 Cable Modem from CompUSA

continuing to rent one from the cable company.  I have been a customer

always gotten on my nerves.... and that's the supposedly "128 kb" upload
limit or cap, whatever they want to call it. I call it a pain in the A$$
beacuse it is nothing but a LIE.  ANYWAY..... I have looked up all the
information about the cap limits and the whole DOCSIS system and I have
concluded that the patches and so called "tweaks" are just as bogus too.
     So.....If anyone would like to help me with editing the ACTUAL packet
that the cable company sends to my modem to program it (if that is
possible), then you have my modem type and my documented cry for help.
:-)  Thank you for your time.

**I swear this is the last note:  I don't see why someone couldn't reset
their modem and load their own packet or "tweaked" packet into their cable
modem.  .........Oh well, whatever.  If anyone thinks they can help me get
past the upload cap then send me and e-mail.  Once again thank you for
your time.
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-----
Cable Modem FAQ: http://www.cablemodemhelp.com
-----

2. Search & Find Issue - memoryerror.gif (1/1)

3. Sprint Select, Sprint Express, and Sprint crediting

4. Java RAD Tools and 100% Pure Java

5. Sprint False Information - Don't Use Sprint!

6. Recall on LaserJet IIP printers

7. Sprint World and Sprint Billing Options

8. Protecting sensitive data

9. Sprint Wars (Was: Sprint Puts it in Writing: On Your Bill!)

10. Sprint Whining (Was: Make Sprint Put it in Writing)

11. Sprint Coverage (was Re: Sprint PCS Fraud)

12. Sprint Wars (Was: Sprint Puts it in Writing)

13. Sprint Wars (Was: Sprint Puts it in Writing: On Your Bill!)