Problems with samba-1.9.15p6

Post by Peter T. Lausts » Fri, 05 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Hi all,

We are a company with approx. 100 PC running in a network connected to
a couple of HP-UX file and printservers running samba-1.9.15p6. We are
experiencing a bit of trouble with the following:

We occasionally get error messages saying "Cannot write file, perhaps
disk is full" or something similar in Word 6.0c. I have tried logging
up to level 3 but the log shows nothing. If the user saves the file to
the local harddisk it works. It seems to be when the machine and/or
network is busy. The error occurs on the machines on the same subnet
as the server.

I hope someone is able to help.

Regards,

Peter T. Laustsen

1. Printing From Win95 to QNX with samba-1.9.15p6

Hi,
        I am having problems printing from windows 95 to my QNX machine. On the
QNX machine, I am running lpsrvr. I have a postscript spool directory setup as
/dev/spool/ps. The postscript file is being put into my /tmp directory, and if
I copy it by hand to the spool it prints. What do I have to do in order to get
it to print without my intervention? Do I have to use the print command?

The file is placed in the /tmp directory with the following format:

RICHARD.0138

(RICHARD being the user name that is connecting)

What command should I be using?

Best Regards,
Paul Lambert.

2. Maximum Records in a table or database?

3. Printing from Win95 or NT on Network Printer over Samba 1,9,15p6

4. Listview problem

5. Why names change to lowercase while copying files from Win95 to Aix running samba samba-1.9.15p6

6. dataset control

7. samba 2.0.5a: problem using a second samba server within a samba controlled domain

8. Eudora problem with AT&T Broadband

9. Samba-1.9.15p3 on SCO problems

10. samba-1.9.15p1: ByteOrder problem?!

11. Samba 2.2.3a fix doesnt appear to fix problem on solaris samba server??

12. username map problems in samba-1.9.18p10

13. samba-1.9.04 + NT printer permission problem