Samba printing to XP Pro Print Server

Post by Bill Smit » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:18:48

I am talking both ways between my XP and Linux box.  Share files and all.

When it comes to printing a test page, it appears to send info to XP box,
but nothing happens.  I am running Cups as print service.  I had all working
on MDK 9.0, but when I loaded 9.1, printing didn't work.

Linux is MDK 9.1
Samba 2.2.7a

Thanks,
ayrton

1. Win XP Pro, Samba, RD 8.0, Okidata OL400e print quality problem

All,

I'm running Redhat 8.0 on my laptop and I'm connecting to an Okidata
OL400e printer through a Windows XP Professional box.  The quality of
print outs is extremely poor. By poor I mean horrible graphics, lines
through text, and junk characters at the sides of the page.

When I hook the laptop up directly to the printer the quality of what
comes out is fine.

I've tried just about every setting / driver there is and the best I've
been able to find is to use the same laserjet 2p driver I use when
directly connected.  I've used that driver with this printer under linux
(directly connected) for years and have never had a problem, but it's
absolute garbage over SMB.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

2. Task manager

3. Win2K printing to SaMBa Print Server

4. ATM simulation Models in C/C++ / Large Scale Networks ?

5. Printing from Win XP Pro

6. Managing NT's ALL USERS with SAMBA

7. printer prints a blank page from windows to Samba print server

8. HELP!! MS personal web server!

9. Can't Print from Windows XP Client to Samba Server

10. XP PRO cannot see LAN but LAN machines can see XP PRO

11. Problems printing to HP 5000N using SBS as print server

12. Using W98 PC as Print Server for TCP/IP Printing from 2000

13. Linux/Printing - 10 sec Samba freeze while printing