SAMBA and win95 or NT - won't login due to password

SAMBA and win95 or NT - won't login due to password

Post by Lynn Kas » Fri, 23 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I just compiled Samba, and like what it is supposed to do however...  I can't
figure out what password to use to log on.

Testparms shows a good smb.conf file, I have created the users on the linux
box, and browsing on the windows machines work.

I just can't figure out what password to supply to get me logged in.

Any ideas?

   Newsgroups: comp.protocols.smb
   Date: Thu, 22 Jun 95 18:25:36 GMT

   I just compiled Samba, and like what it is supposed to do however...  I can't
   figure out what password to use to log on.

   Testparms shows a good smb.conf file, I have created the users on the linux
   box, and browsing on the windows machines work.

   I just can't figure out what password to supply to get me logged in.

   Any ideas?

   Post your services configuration (smb.conf) maybe I can help you.

   Christian Habernig

--

1. SAMBA -> NT password validation won't work.

Hi,

We got an IBM AIX box (RS390 with AIX 4.1.3). We also got a Windows NT
domain (3.51) controlled by the domain controller named NLTBPWNT1.

We want our Samba client to be validated by the NT domain, so we put in
smb.conf the lines:

password server = NLTBPWNT1
security = server

like the doc says.

However the password validation doesn't work. In out log files lines
like  : 'NLTBPWNT1 not connected' show up.

I tried compiling the stuff with the DES lib's but also no success.

Im I missing something here?
Can anybody please help me ith this problem?

Regards, Erik

--
=
=============== One of "The people of PW Tilburg" ================

Erik Manders

Stadhuisplein 130                  http://www.wirehub.nl/~pwmaner/
Postbus 717              Tel. 013-428793
5000 AS  Tilburg         Fax. 013-321327
the Netherlands

      'Often users don't know what they want, but when they do,'
               'they do not need what they want!'
End Transmission.

2. KLAMATH/PENTIUM 2, some benchmarks....

3. nt ,samba and unix password should the same when using nt domain login

4. Feature Request for Palm IIIc

5. Can't login from win 98 to Samba, linux to Samba works fine

6. Connecting to Alpha console ports through a terminal server?

7. can samba 'export' its passwords so win95 can use them for drive sharing?

8. network monnitoring tools -??

9. UNIX share password auth to Win NT/95 login

10. Digital UNIX, Win'95, and NT 4.0... or WINS, lmhosts files, & Samba

11. Win95 Account Lock Out's with Password Server = NT-Box & Security = Server

12. Can't login into Samba boxes from Win95!!

13. Why won't Samba won't stay started in Redhat 7.0 ??