Solaris 2.5 examples please

Post by Timberlin » Sat, 31 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hello Samba Folks:

Would someone please post (or email) their smb.conf file
please ? I need a working example for Solaris 2.5

I've been experimenting with Samba but have been unable to
get the following working (everything else works great):

- SAMBA domain
   I want to be able to use Samba as our primary authentication
   server. I've compiled Samba 1.9.18p2 with the -DNTDOMAIN
   switch. When I do this, I cannot gain any kind of access
   to the samba server (no files access to shares, I cannot
   join the SAMBA domain)

   When I compile without the switch, I can access files
   and volumes with no troubles, but still cannot join the
   SAMBA domain.

-  printing
   I keep getting an "The printer name is invalid" error
   message when I try to connect to a SAMBA printer. I
   tried setting up printing in a variety of ways.
   (printcap file = lmstat, printcap file = /opt/samba/lib/printcap)

I am using a custom account for the Samba guest account. I
called the account samba. I wonder if that had an effect on
printing.

Your help is appreciated in advance,

Thanks,

Mike Houle.

(just remove the CAPITAL letters from the above
 address to get my real address)