Can samba connect 2 different bcast-add. so that browsing works?

Can samba connect 2 different bcast-add. so that browsing works?

Post by Veli-Pekka Lehtosaa » Sat, 16 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I think there has been some discussion conserning this, but at least I
haven't had this working, YET.

I have an NT 3.51 and linux (with samba-1.9.15p8) in my own c-class
ip-network. I can browse this c-class:s computers fine (maybe not
using samba), but I can't browse another c-class:s computers. I can
connect to them, if I know their current resources (I have to
configure sambas lmhosts-file).

So is there some way to configure samba so, that I can see my own
c-class as one network(folder) and another c-class is in another
folder, browseable. In another c-class, there are Windows NT 3.51 wins
server, but no samba.

I think this could be set somehow by configuring sambas broadcast
addresses, but I couldn't configure my samba so, that browsing works?

If someone knows something abt. this, please write.

1. Adding Win95 boxes on different subnets to Samba's Browse List

I have a network of about 20 or so Win95 boxes on a subnet (128.146.228.x)
together with a Linux box running Samba 1.9.16p2. I've upped the OS level
of the samba server, and it's the browse master, no problem.

Now I've also got a view computers in satellite offices, on different
subnets, that I want to integrate with the subnet. If I put the Linux box's
IP # in the WINS server tab on the remote computers, the remote computers
can browse the  128.146.228.x network fine. But I can't figure out how to
get the remote computers to appear in the local browse lists. I've added
entries for them to the lmhosts file on the samba server, and I can connect
to them with path names, no problem, but I can't get them on Samba's browse
list. Can I do this?

2. FAQ: All about Amiga FTP

3. Samba: From a different network I can only connect to samba with debug > 10

4. HotSync with Outlook Express address book

5. Samba browsing over different subnets

6. fs: a2000

7. Unable to connect to a samba share with a username different of the current user !

8. Installing Oracle 7.0.16 for the first time

9. Connecting to Samba via Different OS's.

10. connect to multiple samba shares as different users?

11. Samba 2.0.6 browsing not working, any advice?

12. Samba: Can connect to OS5.05, but can't browse it in Explorer

13. Problem with browsing/connect to Samba