samba pdc with W2K and XP clients?

Post by Jan Micko » Mon, 08 Apr 2002 19:18:07

Hi All!

I have set up samba as a PDC and it works fine, with NT workstations. Now
the problem is the W2K and XP workstations that don't work. The 2000
machines complain about usernames and passwords when i try to join the
domain. It sometimes tells me that the username is incorrect and other times
it tells me the user i'm using is a local user, which offcourse, is not
true.

The XP (professional, if that means anything) workstations in turn complains
about me having multiple connections to the server when i try to join the
domain. I have no "mapped resources". What else could i have and what does
this message really mean? I at first had this same problem with the NT
workstations but there it was only anout the mapped samba shares. After
disconnecting them everything worked fine.

Any ideas?

BTW. I have red the HOWTO an MAN pages...

Regards,

Jan

samba pdc with W2K and XP clients?

Post by BarBaa » Sun, 14 Apr 2002 17:05:01

Hi,

I can't help you with the NT problem.

But XP is still using some resource from the samba server. try typing
net send * /d on the XP machine. Or reboot the machine, this usually
solves the problem..

Have fun

Quote:> Hi All!