samba 3.0 alpha23 group problems

Post by Gary Roac » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 01:16:58

i'm using samba 3.0 alpha23 with roaming profiles. users who i've added to
the domain users group, don't get their configurations when they log in. the
desktop doesn't have the "my documents" and "network neighbourhood" icons
and the wallpaper is blank. when i look at the registry, the settings in
HKCU\ControlPanel\Desktop are all different. also, a lot of the stuff is
missing from the start menu. the ntuser.dat file appears to be downloaded
from the server as the size and timestamp match those on the server version.
when i add the user to the domain admins group instead (or as well),
everything works fine - the desktop and start menu look correct and the
settings in the registry are back to normal. why is this happening?

--
Gary Roach
ADB Services

1. Workgroup problems w/ Samba/OSF 3.0

I just installed Samba on my Alpha OSF 3.0 box and the WFW clients can
connect to its services but I still have problems with using the smbclient
to browse other WFW nodes.  I startup my nmbd with:

/usr/local/samba/bin/nmbd -D BELLEVUE -D

but I still cannot get to that workgroup.  When I do a smbclient -L to my
own host, I get:

Server=[puget] User=[root] Workgroup=[LANGROUP] Domain=[LANGROUP]

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance,

Frank Chin

2. ACE 5.3.2 build fails Red Hat Linux 9.0

3. Problem: NeXTSTEP 3.0 and Samba Printing

4. Cannot acess user home directory

5. Add a user to a group in Site Server 3.0 in .NET

6. TeX for ST - help

7. Samba - groups and Unix group permissions

8. any cache simulator for athlon architecture?

9. Problems with SBS 4.5 --IIS 3.0 services stops every 20 min.

10. IIS 3.0 Virtual multiple IP Address Problem

11. Samba on Sun Cluster 3.0

12. Samba 3.0 (a) install?

13. Samba 3.0 alpha tests