SMB permissions problem, OSX connecting to Win2k

SMB permissions problem, OSX connecting to Win2k

Post by Frank Nospa » Fri, 11 Oct 2002 02:31:24

I've got a Mac with OS X 10.2.1 (latest) connecting to
 C$ with administrator rights on a Windows 2000 server.
 I able to delete/change/overwrite some files (in the web
 site directory that I'm working on) but not others.

I am allowed to read, rename, and move all files though.
 The problem is the same on C$ or any standard share.

This is playing havoc with Dreamweaver CheckIn/CheckOut.

I have checked various configuration tools on the server
 and they all say I should have full control of the files.

What is causing this, and more importantly how do I fix it?
 Thanks for any suggestions.

-F.

1. Win2k connecting thru pptp to smb 2.07

Hello
        I have a problem where my Win2k remote users are getting a
username/password box when trying to connect to a Samba 2.07 server
running on a solaris 8 box.   I have enable plaintextpasswords in the
MRxsmb key and the lanmanworkstation key on the remote workstations, no
help.    My remote win98 users are able to be authed OK.  The VPN server
is a MS NT4 box running PPTP (not my choice ok).   The Samba box is
configured for Domain security and is part of the domain.   It passes
the passwords to a NT 4.0 PDC.   Everything local seems works it's just
PPTP on Win2k dosn't.   When I check the event log for the PDC it says
that the username that past to it was the original username the remote
user logged into their machine with.  Instead of the PPTP login with
Domain.   Any clues?   Help me
Matt Bellizzi

2. Xerox/Novell Integration

3. OSX SMB: stupid ._ files, and why can't I delete?

4. help with drop down menus

5. Authentication problem with linux server when try to connect from win2k, folders problem with 98

6. mailbox format convertor

7. OSX: error -5000 connecting to W2K file share

8. ???DIAMOND Fire GL 1000 PRO or MATROX MILLENIUM II with 4megs???

9. OSX : connect to Linux Samba server issue

10. Semaphore problems with win2k and Smb 2.0.7

11. Modem sharing won't stay connected (possible Win2K problem?)

12. Win2K connect problem

13. - smberror.jpg (0/1) (yEnc) Help with SMB permissions problems?