Iris to NT - all NT uses to print , only some to see UNIX file system

Iris to NT - all NT uses to print , only some to see UNIX file system

Post by Simon Kell » Fri, 15 Nov 1996 04:00:00

We have Samba running on Irix connecting to several NT 4.0 boxes.
I want all users to be able to print from NT to the HP laserjet on the
SGI, but I don't want the students in our training room to see the Unix
file system. All services work for all users which I don't want so I've
tried setting security = user but that stops the students printing. Samba
Newbie - Ideas?

Simon Kelly
________________________________
Consultant at Datamine Australia
Ph 619 479 1771 Fax 619 479 1115
23 Belgravia St
Belmont WA 6104
Australia

for Datamine customer support issues.

Iris to NT - all NT uses to print , only some to see UNIX file system

Post by Simon Kell » Fri, 15 Nov 1996 04:00:00

We have Samba running on Irix connecting to several NT 4.0 boxes.
I want all users to be able to print from NT to the HP laserjet on the
SGI, but I don't want the students in our training room to see the Unix
file system. All services work for all users which I don't want so I've
tried setting security = user but that stops the students printing. Samba
Newbie - Ideas?

Simon Kelly
________________________________
Consultant at Datamine Australia
Ph 619 479 1771 Fax 619 479 1115
23 Belgravia St
Belmont WA 6104
Australia

for Datamine customer support issues.

1. Iris to NT - all NT users to print , only some to see UNIX file system

We have Samba running on Irix connecting to several NT 4.0 boxes.
I want all users to be able to print from NT to the HP laserjet on the
SGI, but I don't want the students in our training room to see the Unix
file system. All services work for all users which I don't want so I've
tried setting security = user but that stops the students printing. Samba
Newbie - Ideas?

Simon Kelly
________________________________
Consultant at Datamine Australia
Ph 619 479 1771 Fax 619 479 1115
23 Belgravia St
Belmont WA 6104
Australia

for Datamine customer support issues.

2. outlook 2000

3. NT file system to Linux file system

4. Terminal Services License Server on same box as Terminal Services?

5. Printing NT w/s > NT srv > Unix > Lexmark

6. newbie grant problems

7. nt ,samba and unix password should the same when using nt domain login

8. How to get a list who is logged on a W2K Domain?

9. Using samba to print on a NT printer from UNIX

10. Viewing of unix file permissions using Windows NT Explorer??

11. Using Text files from NT and Unix side

12. File permission problem when save file from NT to Unix server

13. trouble seeing files while smbmounting a nt share