Problems writting to OpenVMS disks using Samba

Problems writting to OpenVMS disks using Samba

Post by Lloyd Adam » Sat, 08 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I have Samba for OpenVMS 1.9.16p4, and can successfully see from NT 4.0 two
of my exported OpenVMS file systems.  One of these I can write to with no
problems, the other I get various strange effects.  For example, trying to
drag file test.txt into fold fred, I am asked if I wish to overwrite fred
with test.txt. (?)

When I can successfully write a file, usually top level directory, I then
have problems deleting or renaming it.

Both disks are rz28's (2GB).  One difference is that one of the exported
file systems is actually a Pathworks service, and so may have some strange
ACL's associated with it.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Lloyd Adams
Support Manager
Laser-Scan Ltd., Cambridge

1. Samba on an OpenVMS ALPHA using Multinet

What news on this front recently.
It seems to have either be done and I missed it or did it die?

I desperately need to move forward in this direction.
Will it be done for Multinet or will I have to move back to UCX?
JOhn Anderson

2. VALIDATION IN INTERNET EXPLORER 5.0

3. SAMBA for OpenVMS AXP problems

4. Networking icon, could use some help

5. what samba writting to log file at each log level?

6. Multiselect in DataGrid

7. Enumerate Disk Space by User Using Disk Quotas

8. Sending domain users messages

9. Samba on OpenVMS protection.

10. Samba on OpenVMS

11. Announcement: SAMBA 2.0.6 for OpenVMS Alpha 7.2

12. Samba 2.0.3 on OpenVMS and Client NT4 SP5