Samba and AutoCad

Post by Al » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 01:40:43

Running RedHat9 with Samba to file share AutoCAD 2002.  Everything works
fine up the point where a file is saved.  After saving the file and closing
it, another user can not access the file.  Gets a file in use, can load as
read only.  Any ideas?

Regards... Al

Samba and AutoCad

Post by c1rcu1 » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 04:40:05

> Running RedHat9 with Samba to file share AutoCAD 2002.  Everything works
> fine up the point where a file is saved.  After saving the file and
> closing it, another user can not access the file.  Gets a file in use, can
> load as read only.  Any ideas?

> Regards... Al

chmod 755 or 777 the directory in which Samba is using to share its files
too.
You can restrict access to that file space with the samba validate users.

Samba and AutoCad

Post by Al » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 05:31:24

is that I am using default create mode and need to set it to 775...

> > Running RedHat9 with Samba to file share AutoCAD 2002.  Everything works
> > fine up the point where a file is saved.  After saving the file and
> > closing it, another user can not access the file.  Gets a file in use,
can
> > load as read only.  Any ideas?

> > Regards... Al

> chmod 755 or 777 the directory in which Samba is using to share its files
> too.
> You can restrict access to that file space with the samba validate users.

1. Samba and Autocad R13

I am having conflicts with Autcad R13 opening files on a samba server.
Acad seems to be taking rather long pauses between requesting data, or
else, is refusing to accept data.  I have determined this (guessed)
useing NT Perfmon and the NBT counters.  The average throughput while
opening a file is around 10K/s.  This is duplicable on another off-site
samba server.  While a standard copy/move runs around 800-1300k/s.  This
is also duplicable on the off-site server.  I will list some specs
below.  Yet, Autcad R14 opens files at a good 500K/s.  So, it could be
determined that the R13 is broken.  Simply upgrading to R13 would break
our auxillary CAD packages, so upgrading is not an option.  All
workstations involved are NT4 machines, with SP3.  Performance is
actually worse on win95 machines.

Samba 1.9.18p8
100MB/s network
3Com Superstack 10/100 hub
3com 905 NIcs in clients and server
Server is Pentium class, running RAID 1 on ultra-wide SCSI.
oplocks = true
write raw = true
read raw = true

I have gone through Speed.txt and Speed2.txt, and the oplocks helped a
LOT, decreased delays in browsing...ect....

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

2. PowerMac 9500 Won't Restart without Unpluging it?

3. Samba & AutoCAD

4. Legend of Farghail (LOF)

5. AutoCAD and Samba performance

6. Keyboard for Palm V?

7. autocad and samba

8. Video Games AI

9. Question: Samba and AutoCAD

10. Samba AutoCAD LT problem

11. Samba 1.9.17 and AutoCAD 14 file locking

12. AutoCAD and Administrator Permissions

13. I know this is not the place to ask but getting desparate (AutoCAD woes)