Running bat files on Samba 2.2.1a

Post by Valued Gateway Clien » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 02:09:36

I am having a problem running .bat files in my netlogon directory. I was
running RedHat 6.2 with Samba and everything was working.

I upgraded to RedHat 7.2 with Samba 2.2.1a, and now my .bat files in the
Linux server netlogon directory will only run if they conform to 8.3 file
naming. Any long filename .bat files just give an "access denied" error.
If I rename the file to 8.3 convention, then it runs.

I tried resetting name mangling, preserving cases, etc. and I cannot get
it to work.

Anyone have this problem that can help?

Thanks...Ed

1. Running bat files on Samba 2.2.1a

I am having a problem running .bat files in my netlogon directory. I was
running RedHat 6.2 with Samba and everything was working.

I upgraded to RedHat 7.2 with Samba 2.2.1a, and now my .bat files in the
Linux server netlogon directory will only run if they conform to 8.3 file
naming. Any long filename .bat files just give an "access denied" error.
If I rename the file to 8.3 convention, then it runs.

I tried resetting name mangling, preserving cases, etc. and I cannot get
it to work.

Anyone have this problem that can help?

Thanks...Ed

2. Active Directory Client Extensions for Windows NT 4 Workstation

3. samba 2.2.1a, delete file when client pc crash/hang, please help!!!

4. MSTS on WinXP

5. File Mangling Issues for Samba 2.2.1a-4

6. Image rotation script not showing

7. Samba 2.2.1a File Corruption?

8. griddata problems in Matlab 6.0

9. Samba 2.2.1a -- Win2k -- File Ownership

10. can't run "./configure" to install 2.2.1a on Mandrake 8.0

11. win2k to samba 2.2.1a printing

12. WinXP with Samba 2.2.1a as PDC

13. XP and Samba 2.2.1a on RH 7.2 not working...