smb and win2k

Post by ismel » Sun, 07 Apr 2002 23:26:01

ok i got my linux box to connect to my win2k box fine and it can see
everything but when i try loging on with my 2k box onto my linux it keeps
saying incorect user or pass. and i am loging on as someone on the linux
box. any help would be nice thx

smb and win2k

Post by Walter Mautne » Mon, 08 Apr 2002 03:12:19

>ok i got my linux box to connect to my win2k box fine and it can see
>everything but when i try loging on with my 2k box onto my linux it keeps
>saying incorect user or pass. and i am loging on as someone on the linux
>box. any help would be nice thx

Forgive. Did you read the HOWTO's and manpages before asking here?
You don't tell us enough to prove you already have worked through the
usual routine yet. What about password encryption and smbpasswd?

smb and win2k

Post by rhiZo » Mon, 08 Apr 2002 03:37:40

> ok i got my linux box to connect to my win2k box fine and it can see
> everything but when i try loging on with my 2k box onto my linux it keeps
> saying incorect user or pass. and i am loging on as someone on the linux
> box. any help would be nice thx

see smbpasswd

1. smb and win2k

I am able to get a list of shares from any machine on the campus
network, except those running win2k.  I can connect to win2k shares if I
specify the exact path of the share, but I cannot even see IPC$ when
I smbclient -L...  The same problem exists on my roomates system, but
I have no problem seeing shares from my win98 box.  Any ideas?

--

In /dev/null, no one can hear you stream...

2. mac to pc font convesion tool needed

3. Win2k client and smb 2.0.7

4. Looking for Quark Course in London beginning of January

5. Win2k connecting thru pptp to smb 2.07

6. Unix password sync with Samba... success?

7. Accessing Win2K SMB

8. minix 1.3->1.5 upgrades from adelaide.edu.au

9. Semaphore problems with win2k and Smb 2.0.7

10. Win2K->SMB cnxn goes away overnight

11. Win2k / SMB wars

12. smb.conf entries for smbclient solaris/win2k

13. Win2K/Unix SMB Printing