Logging onto a share as a different user than locally logged on user?

Logging onto a share as a different user than locally logged on user?

Post by Gran » Sun, 01 Jun 2003 09:48:00



Hi all,

I had found and have now lost information on how to log into a share as a
different user than you are logged on locally. I know this can be one in one
line from a start->run dialog box as I have done it.

The situation is as follows:
I have a local user that has the same name and password as a local user on
the box that hosts the share. When I do a start->run->\\server\share it
therefore logs me on without asking for username and password. This user
doesn't have write access to the share but another user I would like to
logon as does. The command I used in the past was something like

like this. The command forced a username-password dialog to pop up and I
believe the username was already provided in the dialog because of the
command line.

Can anyone one help me dig up the command I should use? Thanks a bunch.

Grant

 
 
 

Logging onto a share as a different user than locally logged on user?

Post by jfoa » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 20:05:39


I suppose you use WIN9x. In this case, you say: \\server\share%administrator



> Hi all,

> I had found and have now lost information on how to log into a share as a
> different user than you are logged on locally. I know this can be one in
one
> line from a start->run dialog box as I have done it.

> The situation is as follows:
> I have a local user that has the same name and password as a local user on
> the box that hosts the share. When I do a start->run->\\server\share it
> therefore logs me on without asking for username and password. This user
> doesn't have write access to the share but another user I would like to
> logon as does. The command I used in the past was something like

> like this. The command forced a username-password dialog to pop up and I
> believe the username was already provided in the dialog because of the
> command line.

> Can anyone one help me dig up the command I should use? Thanks a bunch.

> Grant


 
 
 

1. Log on Locally for OWA users

In order to let users use the OWA feature for exchange server, you have to
give them Log on Locally Rights. Other than the obvious of letting user log
onto the server, which is a very bad idea, what are some of the other
security risk involved? If this is the only risk, it isn't the end of the
world because the server is in a room where only three people have access to
it. But if there are other potential risk involved, maybe I should look for
a different product to server these types of users.

Thank you,
Matthew

2. Is there any italian user?

3. Locally logged in user not appearing in server manager

4. Font (Special Keys)

5. Stop users from logging onto certain machines...

6. Acer NeWeb WarpLink ISA wireless network

7. User specific message when a workstation logs onto the domain

8. Need a good sample data entry webform

9. Adding Printer to Every User who logs onto a domain

10. What defines hte process when a user logs onto the network

11. Last time a user logged onto a machine

12. Is there a quick way to query what workstation a user is logged onto by username?

13. User logged onto a server?