Domain member server starts logging "change_trust_account_password: Failed to change password for domain"

Domain member server starts logging "change_trust_account_password: Failed to change password for domain"

Post by Kevi » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 19:35:29

Hi,

I am running a Samba server (2.2.8a).
I have successfully joined the domain and everything worked fine.
About one week after joining the domain , the samba server starts
logging thse lines : (but filesharing still works)

[2003/06/13 11:05:17, 0]
rpc_client/cli_trust.c:change_trust_account_password(247)
  2003/06/13 11:05:17 : change_trust_account_password: Failed to change
password for domain MYDOMAIN.

Lines like these appear in all /var/log/samba/log.*  files
I don't understand what this means
Anyone ?

Thanks

1. Swat fails to start smbd when click "start" or "restart" - SOLUTION

Has anyone else come across a problem where Swat fails to start smbd
when you click "start" or "restart"? Pressing "stop" works fine, but
then pressing start, or pressing restart first of all, just leaves smbd
"not running".

And while writing this message I've discovered the solution :-)

I'll post this anyway, in case anyone else finds the problem and looks
on dejanews (as I did).

I did a strings swat | less and then searched for smbd - it came up with
%s/smbd, with the line before /usr/bin. I took a leap of faith and did
ln -s /usr/sbin/smbd /usr/bin/smbd, and everything started working
(yay!).

Amazing what writing about a problem to someone else can do, huh? :)

Geoff

2. Enscript for SGI?

3. "Server=domain" and "add user script": How to know group?

4. How do I know if my company is eavesdropping?

5. Solution to "Can't change Domain Passwords.."

6. Epson Stylus 400

7. SMS NT Logon Server Manager failed to complete a processing cycle for domain "XXXX".

8. dns

9. changing from "per seat" to "per server"

10. Samba "encrypt passwords" when "security = server"

11. "Domain Controller for this Domain couldt not be located"

12. "Split" SBS2K domain and share domain for email?