Samba 2.0.6/Sco Unix Openserver 5.0.5/Swat Problem

Samba 2.0.6/Sco Unix Openserver 5.0.5/Swat Problem

Post by Dave Gresh » Sat, 12 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi, I have a client where I installed Samba 2.0.6 on Openserver 5.0.5,
with sco patchs: rs505a, oss497c and oss600a on it.  Swat Status will
show that smbd is not running, however when i look at the system
i can see that it is indeed running and handling requests.

I thought at first that the /usr/local/samba/var files needed to be
purged, but that didn't resolve the problem.

thanks for any ideas.

dave

Samba 2.0.6/Sco Unix Openserver 5.0.5/Swat Problem

Post by Patrice Brie » Sun, 13 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Did you tried AFPS for 5.0.5 ?
I thing it's better !

You can share windows printer, unix printer.
It's like a NT Server.

> Hi, I have a client where I installed Samba 2.0.6 on Openserver 5.0.5,
> with sco patchs: rs505a, oss497c and oss600a on it.  Swat Status will
> show that smbd is not running, however when i look at the system
> i can see that it is indeed running and handling requests.

> I thought at first that the /usr/local/samba/var files needed to be
> purged, but that didn't resolve the problem.

> thanks for any ideas.

> dave

1. NEWBIE - Lantastic 7.0 to SCO Unix Openserver 5

I am a newbie  and maybe this question is stupid but....

I have a Lantastic 7.0 network (10 users) running and am setting up an
SCO Openserver 5 unix machine (16 users).

I know that the Lantastic came with a Tcp/Ip package that we did not
install because we had no need for it - but we can go back and install
it now.  And I know that that the SCO OS5 will have Tcp/Ip on it once
we finish setting it up.

Can I set up a network connection between these two groups and allow
the Lantastic users access to the SCO machine as a printer and file
server and the Unix group access to the Lantastic printers?

If so ... what will I need and where can I go to learn about making
this happen.

Thanks

Tim

2. get IAK apps to see PPP connection

3. samba/winbind installation problem on SCO OpenServer

4. : sendmail.cf - defaulting unknown users?

5. Samba 2.0.6/SCO Openserver 5.0.5 Problems

6. Voice em@il + easy editing = TokiVoki !

7. Samba/SCO Openserver 5 problems with large(ish) files

8. Borland Pascal

9. SCO Openserver 5.0.5/Samba 2.0.6 Browse Problems

10. correct settings in Makefile for SCO UNIX 3.2v4.2 and SCO UNIX 3.2v5???

11. SAMBA on SCO Openserver?

12. SAMBA binaries for SCO OpenServer 5.0.0

13. (How)Can I print to Win 9X PC printers from Samba on SCO OpenServer?