Samba on Solaris

Post by Jens-Uwe Bremeie » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 21:13:54

Hello NG,

i have a problem with my smb on solaris 5.8. I have installed an smb
is up and running coorctly only when I add the line interfaces = bge0
in smb.conf
Now the Station has 4 Interfaces. And the helpfile of swat means I
could use wildcards in interfaces: bge* ore leave that line out. But
if I do that the server is listed in all Windowsexplorers but on
clicking I get an error.

Any hints?

--
Jens-Uwe Bremeier

1. Q: samba on solaris , rempping solaris

I have installed latest version of samba on sparc solaris 2.8.
I upadate a file on "dir1" on solaris side. but on the mapped drive
on the windwos 98 i do not see the changes to the file on the
solaris side. It seems i have to keep unmapping and remapping each time
i make changes to the file on the solaris side. how do i fix this?.

# cat smb.conf
[global]

   workgroup = domain1
   hosts allow = 10.1.
   browsable = yes
 ;   wins server =
 ;   wins proxy = no
   preferred master = yes
   domain master = yes
   domain logons = yes
   log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
   max log size = 50
   security = user
 ;   security = share
   encrypt passwords = yes
   smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/smbpasswd
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   guest account = nobody
   dns proxy = yes

 [dir1]
   comment = myid1 image area
   path=/home/myid1
   valid user = myid1
   public=no
   writable = yes
   printable=no
   create mask=0777

--
Sent by  sol_unix from hotmail part from com

2. FS: PCM-501ES Sony w/Manual.

3. Will Samba for Solaris 2.6 work on Solaris 7 for Intel?

4. Resources - I must be being stupid

5. Samba 2.2.3a fix doesnt appear to fix problem on solaris samba server??

6. Sneak preview of 1.4b

7. Printing with Samba 2.2.8a on Solaris 2.6

8. IIS4.0 Problems

9. ACL's on Solaris 8 through samba share.

10. Samba 2.2.8 on Solaris 2.6

11. Samba Solaris/NT 4.0

12. Install Samba on Solaris 9

13. samba printing on solaris