NMBD Won't Start

Post by Manfre » Sat, 02 Dec 2000 04:00:00

I just installed and configured 2.0.7 on Mandrake 7.2.  The SMBD daemon
works fine, but NMBD won't start.  I confirmed settings, locations, etc.

Any thoughts will be appreciated!

NMBD Won't Start

Post by meaculp » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

>I just installed and configured 2.0.7 on Mandrake 7.2.  The SMBD daemon
>works fine, but NMBD won't start.  I confirmed settings, locations, etc.

what message the daemon say?
or if you start it by inetd meta-daemon,then could check the
/etc/services & /etc/inetd.conf for it's corresponding settings.

NMBD Won't Start

Post by Manfre » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Thanks for your response.

Sorry, I should have been more clear.  Starting NMBD from a command line
seems to work fine, no errors.  When I check processes, or view via SWAT,
NMBD is not running.  If I try to start from SWAT, still doesn't start.