smbfs +Solaris +Linux

Post by Sudhakar R » Thu, 04 Apr 2002 01:31:55

I have a share residing on a Solaris machine. I'd like to mount it on my
linux box. Was able to browse  it using smbclient. Is it possible to
mount it using "mount -t smbfs ........".

Was told that since Solaris doesn't support SMBFS yet, this might not
possible. If so, what is the solution.
Thanx in advance.
-Sudhakar

smbfs +Solaris +Linux

Post by I R A Darth Agg » Thu, 04 Apr 2002 02:19:19

On Tue, 02 Apr 2002 11:31:55 -0500,

+> I have a share residing on a Solaris machine. I'd like to mount it on my
+> linux box. Was able to browse  it using smbclient. Is it possible to
+> mount it using "mount -t smbfs ........".

Yes.

+> Was told that since Solaris doesn't support SMBFS yet, this might not
+> possible. If so, what is the solution.

That only applies if you're trying to "mount -t smbfs" on the solaris
box.

Alternatively, there's always NFS. Personally, I'd go with NFS unless
there was a really compelling reason to use SMB/CIFS.

James
isn't looking good, either.